Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway that a 350 would become slower? i feel as if mine is slower, or maybe i am just used to its speed?? any advice??

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Give it a day or 2. What are your driving habits?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
It could get slower I guess if you had something blocking the intake path or clogging up your engine. When was the last time you changed your oil? Do you do regular maintenance?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
driving habits, fast. i do regular maintenance, oil change, 91 premium in my gas tank. i dont know if im just paranoid. is there anyway the performance would slow down if i have fast driving habits?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
are you aware of the 3 different maps that the ECU runs?

It could be that you are running on the "normal/conservative" map..
Take it out and do some full throttle , 2nd gear runs (like 5 of them).. preferably on a hill, to generate load. This is rumored to force the ECU in the "power map".. that is of course that you have the fuel and all other parameters are okay. (ambient temp, intake temp, det, feul quality, etc..)

or it could be that you are used to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clogged Air Filter maybe.

Try not driving it for a couple days then climb in it and see if it feels faster. Could be you are getting accustomed to the speed.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'd be happy to stop by and take her out for a spin - and give you my driving impressions.... :shiftdrive:

I mean, like hey, what are brothers for?

·
Registered
788 Posts
is there anyway that a 350 would become slower? i feel as if mine is slower, or maybe i am just used to its speed?? any advice??
Yep: Look around the car and make sure you don't have any women, children or car guys clinging on the fender wells. They cause a lot of drag. Pretty common problem, as everyone wants to get ahold of a 350Z.

If that's not the problem, check your air filter for any Civics or Tiburons that may have been inadvertantly sucked up the intake. It happens so fast, it's easy to miss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you do all your oil changes on time, etc, and doing the fast runs to re-map the ecu doesn't work, try resetting it, so it will at least go back to the default settings, and go from there....in fact, you may even want to do that BEFORE you go do some quick runs.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
are you aware of the 3 different maps that the ECU runs?

It could be that you are running on the "normal/conservative" map..
Take it out and do some full throttle , 2nd gear runs (like 5 of them).. preferably on a hill, to generate load. This is rumored to force the ECU in the "power map".. that is of course that you have the fuel and all other parameters are okay. (ambient temp, intake temp, det, feul quality, etc..)
or it could be that you are used to it.

Thats two, whats the third? (I never knew that!)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
do you have any:

mattresses strapped to your roof?

tundra swans clogging up your intercooler?

XXL mothers-in-law riding shotgun?

air in your tires?

feet on your brakes while you accelerate?

illegal drugs in your pipe?

is your handbrake pulled up?

If so - you will go slower. :rolf2:

·
Registered
798 Posts
have air in the tires
feet on the brakes when i accelerate
alot of illegal drugs in my pipe
and always, always, always have the handbrake up......

DUH.... silly me thanks rufdraft for clearing that up. :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm just trying to have some fun, man.

No offense meant. :cheers:

·
Registered
798 Posts
talking to me?

no offense taken i guess my sarcasm didnt show thru my words :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
alot of illegal drugs in my pipe
Yeah, I seem to drive slower if I'm in the middle of something illegal. But seriously, maybe you got bad fuel. I notice my car driving better everytime I get gas off base. The military gas station is a little cheaper but makes my car feel sluggish. Maybe it's just me, I don't kow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep: Look around the car and make sure you don't have any women, children or car guys clinging on the fender wells. They cause a lot of drag. Pretty common problem, as everyone wants to get ahold of a 350Z.

If that's not the problem, check your air filter for any Civics or Tiburons that may have been inadvertantly sucked up the intake. It happens so fast, it's easy to miss.
I think it's the fuel used. You're supposed to use at least RON 95 fuel or higher. I use RON 98 and it's great. With RON 91, the engine will retard therefore less powerful.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
RON is the Research Octane Number. RON is used in other parts of the world. The US method is (R+M)/2. Which is the avg of RON and MON.

What he is saying is to run higher octane.

What i'm saying is if RON is on first and MON is on third... who is on second?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts