Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, the electric motor in the drivers seat is stuffed so i can't move it forward, so i cant get to the rear bolts to unbolt the seat, any ideas to getting the seat out to repair it .Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
Is what you mean by saying the seat is "stuffed", that both the fore-aft and seatback angle switches stopped working? If so, that's going to be a PITA project. I'd suggest going under the seat from the front using a swivel extension, 10mm socket and long rod extension on a 3/8" wrench to reach the rear bolts. Also, use a flashlight to check the seat power connection that should be visible under the seat.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
It's been a few days and no word from the OP on his seat problem. Did either of my suggestions help? Any updates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been a few days and no word from the OP on his seat problem. Did either of my suggestions help? Any updates?
Couldn"t get to the back bolt near the seat belt buckle so i took the cover off the side of the seat ,still no good . Ended up getting pissed off hitting the seat near the electric motor with a big hammer, Next thing the motor works and the seat slides forward again. All i needed was a bigger hammer.Thanks for your ideas.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
And thanks for the update. But your original problem(s) still exist, and no, a bigger hammer won't always help. Since you can now easily reach the back bolts on the seat, I hope you pulled the seat, and inspected the wiring and motor carefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts