Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your input. maybe I'm being misunderstood. I'm not looking for a way to cheat, but I am looking to get the most out of the car. I didn't think that getting clarification of a rule would be a big deal or make me a suspect of being a cheater. I've found over the years that doing what everyone else does, does not win races.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Thanks for your input. maybe I'm being misunderstood. I'm not looking for a way to cheat, but I am looking to get the most out of the car. I didn't think that getting clarification of a rule would be a big deal or make me a suspect of being a cheater. I've found over the years that doing what everyone else does, does not win races.

So do something else with the rest of your car. After all, the flat restrictor plate is only one component and there's plenty of room for innovation to get more out of your Z.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Saw the results from the SCCA majors race at COTA. A 370Z won the Saturday race in T3! That´s an encouraging sign!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Just to put up another post on this site (not an ad), it looks like I'll be racing in Touring 3 this year. We plan to start the season at Heartland Park in Topeka after the Denver Auto Show next month. How about any other Z racers on this site? Where are you kicking off your 2020 season at?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Another racing update nobody cares about. My 350Z racecar will not be at the Denver Auto Show this year, as it was cancelled for April 2-5. But I have entered two SCCA races after that, beginning with a SCCA Majors at the 205-mile circuit at Heartland Park, Kansas. I expect to have competition in Touring 3 from BMW, Porsche and GM competitors. Should be a good race if COVID-19 doesn't cancel it!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Latest COVID-19 update: the Heartland Park SCCA Majors on April 18-19 has been postponed. This Kansas race would have been run in cool (if not downright cold) conditions, but was rescheduled three months later when HOT and HUMID July weather will make Kansas downright miserable. Phew! Who knows when will we get the 2020 racing season started anyway?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Another race postponement for 2020- the Rocky Mountain SCCA opener at LaJunta Raceways in Colorado has been scrubbed for the first week in May. The COVID-19 infection rate/curve continues to rise in Colorado and this led to the postponement. This unfortunately, is looking more and more like what the 2020 racing season is becoming.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Finally got the first races started at LaJunta Raceways in 2020. With Pueblo Motorsports Park closed for May, the SCCA majors was moved to LaJunta for Memorial Day with a entire slate of Covid-19 precautions. After a successful season opener, we returned two weeks later for the next race in the Rocky Mountain Division Championship race. For 2020, I've installed two hood vents that comply with SCCA rules for Touring 3. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
July update: competed in another SCCA Majors at High Plains Raceway and finished second in both races. Temps were hot both days, but the first race was worse as my Z was overheating. Fortunately, one of my team found a small problem with the upper radiator clamp and after repairing that and getting out all the air, the car performed much better the following day. Used the same tires I had a LaJunta and that had my lap times off by a couple of seconds, so the leader (in a turbo Solstice GXP) put in a good drive to take both races.

Currently, the Z is in second place in the Mid-America Majors standings and in first with the Rocky Mountain Divisional Championships. My aim is to support all the races in my local area, and that means trying to concentrate on the 2020 RMDiv races. I've qualified for the SCCA Runoffs at Road America and have one more SCCA Majors to run In August, so it's time to buy some competitive tires.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts