Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove at Streets of Willow (smaller 1.8 mile road course) last Saturday (2-20-04). There were various race cars at the Big Track (3 mile faster road course) that day. I spied this 350Z race car. I took 4 pics with the owner's persmission (grey haired guy in last pic), but when I tried to take a picture of the engine, he said NO! Still pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#2 - Rear hatch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wonder if anything is stock on that thing...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
350ed -

I asked the mechanic that question. He said no, nothing is stock, except some little part that I can't remember.

350z Administrator -

You can see a little of the engine in pic 3. I don't think it is based on the Nissan 3.5 liter in the stock car, but I'm not sure. After the owner signaled to me that I should not take a pic of the engine, I wasn't going to try to chat him up to find out what was under the hood. LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks as if my last post disappeared due to a backup issue on this site...

Anyways, I'm 99% this is a GT2 car, so very little is stock other than the body panels. Cars run around high 300hp on a ~2400lb chassis IIRC.

GT2 is a tube-framed class that uses OEM body panels, which James Goughary won at last year's Runoffs in his GT2 350Z. That's not to say that he didn't win b/c the two race leaders hit each other in the carousel between T16 and 17 on the last lap of the race so he could pass them...

·
Registered
130 Posts
The car show is a GT-3 car- We run GT-2 in a 300ZX. As part of the Nissan Teams we were with all the Nissan cars - there were a few GT-3 350's built.

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts