Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people will be partial to the 350, but has anyone owned both of these cars at some pt and have a comparison between them. I will be getting a new car shortly and it's down to these 2 choices.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Welcome!
definately the Z
for several reasons

looks hot and sexier
Z is a track car, the WS6 is a drag car
Z has much more options on the market with increadible hp achievability as well as exterior transformation
Z is Japanese (engine is built better and will last longer)
Z is very easy to handle feels firm and sporty all the way

i would go with the Z definately
it get u more chicks!!! :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
As mentioned previously,

If you are looking for a fast car for 1/4 mile speeds, and don't care too much about quality of assembly altogether, and if you like the way the WS6 looks, then the WS6 would be your best bet.

If you are looking for a car to be built better, handle better, reliability is a concern, and altogether be a newer car, than the 350Z would be your best bet.

Everything else is left up to opinions.

Both cars are a **** lot of fun, in their own right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Main reason I have been also looking at the WS6 is price difference, if I can find one for 5-7 grand less than a 350 then I would consider it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well I almost bought a C5 corvette, one of my friends owns a WS6. They are great cars, and simple bolt ons give big power gains. I prefer the Z because I feel it is more driver oriented, Alot more communicative, and just a way better driving feel, especially in spirited driving.

Now if raw power is all you care about the WS6 is great. The Z has good power too. If you plan on modding, simple boltons on the WS6 give big gains.

I was considering a C5 corvette, when shopping for the Z, i chose the Z for the same reasons. Even though the corvette is a better car on paper, the Z was more satisfying to me overall.

My recomendation to you if you can't decide at all, Really go out of your way and drive the two. Its the only way you can decide, thats what i had to do.

In my opinion the Z just looks alot better than the WS6.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a 2000 WS6 Trans Am.
Muscle car.
Brute raw power, with aggressive in your face styling.
Bolt-ons a plenty.
There's a lot of them out there. Go to your local Saturday night cruise in, and they're all over.

Now I have a 350Z.
Sports car.
Refined power, sleek styling, more 911ish looks.
Still new to the scene, but the price of entry for serious power mods is steeper. aka forced induction.
To me, they seem more exclusive than standard F-Body fare.

Go drive them both.
They are both cool cars, just two different takes on performance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know most people will be partial to the 350, but has anyone owned both of these cars at some pt and have a comparison between them. I will be getting a new car shortly and it's down to these 2 choices.
Hey guys newbie here, just got rid of my GTI acquired 2006 Z. I did not have a Ws6 but I did have
2000 Trans Am with full exhaust and intake and though it was fast it was a piece of sh*t. Love the Z :clap:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Hey guys newbie here, just got rid of my GTI acquired 2006 Z. I did not have a Ws6 but I did have
2000 Trans Am with full exhaust and intake and though it was fast it was a piece of sh*t. Love the Z :clap:
agree with this statement.. never had one but have been around plenty of them.. fast in a line but that is where the good stops.

also, look at the financial troubles GM is in now.. Where do you think they are cutting costs? quality!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts