Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see by my username, I am and have been a WRX fan for a LONG time. However, after reading alot of stories on their forums Ive noticed that it takes alot for a wrx to keep up with a 350z. Now I currently own an automatice celica gts :doh: . I am looking for a used car. Both the 350z and the WRX are in my price range. Now I dont know much about the 350z so I wanted to ask a few questions and was hoping yall could help me out!

WRX- It has lots of potential and comes turbocharged from factory. The downside is that the AWD steals some of the performance, and the tranny's tend to not last too long. The good thing, is that you can make over 320 horses and about 300 torque with only about 2,000 dollars.

350z- Chicks dig it. It comes fast with plenty of torque from factory. However, I dont know the potential of these things...at least the prices to make it faster. Ive always wanted a boosted car, so I was wondering if there were some affordable turbo or supercharger kits out there for it. If yall could help me out with the pricing that would be great too (Although I hear that the greddy twin turbo kit has had problems with many z owners). Dont get me wrong, but if I heard wrong Id take that kit in a heart beat. Another thing is, do headers, a catless exhaust, and intake do much power wise? And how forgiving is the transmission for these cars? Thanks alot, any suggestions are appreciated, because im a complete newb when it comes to the z :wavey: .

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey welcome to the site. let me ask you this? do you care for the space at all? with the wrx you can sit 4 of your friends while inside the z, one. it really depends on the opionion of the driver. if they want something turbo'ed, awd, and has plenty of room, by at all means, stick with your first choice. if you want something less practical like a two sitter, rwd and plenty of modification, then the Z is the right choice. take your time when deciding to buy a car, remember these car's arent going anywhere. so decide wisely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont care about the passengers. I never have more then 1 person in anyway. I want something for Drag racing. Wether from a stop or a roll. I dont care about the turns and such. But why is the twin turbo kit so cheap on jscspeed.com ? I really want it, but it just seems...to cheap for what it is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts