Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a 350z however the model I am looking at is the base model. My question is, If I take out the open diff and put a stock viscous LSD unit into the car, will this directly bolt in? The 350z is manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ( also quick help would be awesome as the auction for this car is this weekend)

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are replacing the entire differential assembly (pumpkin) with both axle shafts then yes, it will bold right in. If you are swapping just the LSD gear inside the differential assembly then you will probably need axle shafts from a differential that was a VLSD.

I did this on my car now 2 times. Went from Open to VLSD I got off ebay then to another 1.5 way LSD. Cost me about $75 at my local shop for them to swap them out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im sure there is a kit which is a straight swap for the open diff, internalls. Try z1 performance (trader on here) they do every kit for the z33, think the one you need is either the last on the list or 2nd from bottom. Called quaife I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts