Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 350z with 128k miles. Every time I start it up the red oil pressure lights comes on for about 3 seconds and then completely goes away. The light comes on regardless if the car is warm or cold but goes away and never comes on when driving. I have checked the oil pressure with a manual gauge and it had good oil pressure. Could it be the oil pressure sending unit I bought a cheap one not a Nissan OEM unit. Or is it worse than that possibly a bad oil pump? any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2003 350z with 128k miles. Every time I start it up the red oil pressure lights comes on for about 3 seconds and then completely goes away. The light comes on regardless if the car is warm or cold but goes away and never comes on when driving. I have checked the oil pressure with a manual gauge and it had good oil pressure. Could it be the oil pressure sending unit I bought a cheap one not a Nissan OEM unit. Or is it worse than that possibly a bad oil pump? any input is greatly appreciated.

Probably takes that time to build oil pressure. Doesn't sound like anything of concern.

rzh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yooo I'm having the same issue,

I change the belts and one side wasn't tighten all the way on the tensioner and it went back to normal. After driving few days notice the pressure dropping lower and lower. When I'm driving and turn the pressure goes to zero and lights comes on then build pressure light goes off. Or when I come to a stop pressure becomes low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey did you find the problem
i have almost the same problem and i dont know what it is
check this for reference

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
You bumped a thread almost three years old. Previous posters may not even own these cars any longer. As for your problem, have you checked your oil pressure sending unit? If not start by checking and possibly replacing it with an OEM sending unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts