Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im gearing up to start my ICE install any week now, but i want to use one of the factory switches to operate the lights inside the sub box, amp rack, etc

Ideally i want to buy a switch that goes in one of the blanks. So my question is, what goes next to the seat heaters and under the dash

I was thinking of buying the convertible top switch and using that, as it lights up orange already and looks well integrated. But where does that switch go?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jul 2 2005, 04:23 AM
Hi guys

Im gearing up to start my ICE install any week now, but i want to use one of the factory switches to operate the lights inside the sub box, amp rack, etc

Ideally i want to buy a switch that goes in one of the blanks. So my question is, what goes next to the seat heaters and under the dash

I was thinking of buying the convertible top switch and using that, as it lights up orange already and looks well integrated. But where does that switch go?
[snapback]125692[/snapback]​

I'm not positive, but I think the switch for the roadster goes right next to the VDC switch (or TCS switch for the base/enth model).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep the roof switch is to the left of the TCS switch on the right of the console.

I've got a blank next to the seat heaters too

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jul 3 2005, 08:23 PM
i read through the manual and it says the seat heater blank is for a the auto box shift pattern

so who here with an auto knows what it looks like?
[snapback]125946[/snapback]​

I don't have an "auto box shift pattern" in mine - our trannies are the same as the ECU, ie they learn and adjust to your driving style.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats weird, might be an 05 auto thing

"Automatic transmission mode switch" is what they call it

basically its a button with Power and Snow on either end, and a defualt Auto position

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by harryw@Jul 4 2005, 06:46 PM
It's probably just a yanky thing
[snapback]126402[/snapback]​

Nope. We don't have that here either. I believe it's actually a Japanese thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts