Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Nissan 350z won’t crank. Installed a new starter and it still won’t crank. Checked few fuses that could be the problem and they are not blown. I hear the fuel pump go on. Please help me please and thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
Welcome- there could be several reasons why your Z won't start. The problem is there's too many possibilities and we need more facts to start narrowing them down. How long have you owned this Z? How many miles are on it? Did it do this from the start, or when did this problem first occur? Have you pulled any codes from the onboard OBD2 diagnostic system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome- there could be several reasons why your Z won't start. The problem is there's too many possibilities and we need more facts to start narrowing them down. How long have you owned this Z? How many miles are on it? Did it do this from the start, or when did this problem first occur? Have you pulled any codes from the onboard OBD2 diagnostic system?
i bought this Z almost 3 weeks ago with a rebuilt engine. Owner says 88k on engine . And it started on Christmas Eve after I drove it 1 time that day. It had a one click crank start . And the engine sounded weak when it started. For safe measures I replaced the starter with a used starter that worked. I jumped started the starter and it worked fine. I haven’t checked for any codes

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
First thing to do is check for any codes held in memory. The OBD2 port is located under the dash on the DS.

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
Any progress on this Z? Did you ever figure it out, or at least pull codes? If the car cranked with a jump, I suspect you have a really weak battery. Have you replaced that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts