Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I joined the board a month or so ago when I realized i was interested in this car, I just put an order on a Silverstone , 2006 Touring, man trans, and I am awaiting delivery. scheduled date is 12/16/2005 I am having them put on the Nismo Spolier before i pick the car up. I also ordered the shorty S2000 antenna for the looks. the dealership I am buying the car in is Sheeyhe nissan of glen burnie.

my immediate plans for the car will start the day after i get it, the local tint shop car worx will be putting 20% all around, i would like darker but dont want to risk getting a ticket for it. here in maryland you are only allowed to go to 50%. In the spring of 06, pioneer is going to be releasing the Z1 navigation system with a built in 30gb Hdd, double din unit that will be my first major upgrade to the car, including XM traffic navigation. I just purchased a nextel I870 that i plan on using the bluetooth interface with the Z1 to take calls through the touch sceen and play over the audio system. because of the metalic in the tint i will have to mount the gps antenna outside the car I am going to have this all professionally done so i am hoping for a nice finished look.

I am serierousy thinking about the turbonetics single turbo application as soon as the company updates the flash module for the 06. However I also ride an 04 R1 so I get my speed frustrations out on the bike and I may decide not to turbo the car. I find it hard to believe that i will be getting any more thrill than i can on the bike. I have test driven the car but did not get a chance to let loose, so i am unaware of the full throttle experience thus far. Turbo or not i am sure it has some A$$ to it once you open it up.

I have asked the dealer not to put on the front tag bracket required in MD, I feel it detracts from the looks. hopefully that will last before I get pulled over for it.

see you guys around, any helpful suggestions are more than welcome.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome nice color choice

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:OMG: Nice plan! :yourock:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome!

I bought my '05 ZR at Carmax in White Marsh, MD and live in Harford County, MD. I very quickly started mod'ing my Z at Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg, MD.

It's a long haul to Gaithersburg, but I've been happy with their work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hello, I joined the board a month or so ago when I realized i was interested in this car, I just put an order on a Silverstone , 2006 Touring, man trans, and I am awaiting delivery. scheduled date is 12/16/2005 I am having them put on the Nismo Spolier before i pick the car up. I also ordered the shorty S2000 antenna for the looks. the dealership I am buying the car in is Sheeyhe nissan of glen burnie.

my immediate plans for the car will start the day after i get it, the local tint shop car worx will be putting 20% all around, i would like darker but dont want to risk getting a ticket for it. here in maryland you are only allowed to go to 50%. In the spring of 06, pioneer is going to be releasing the Z1 navigation system with a built in 30gb Hdd, double din unit that will be my first major upgrade to the car, including XM traffic navigation. I just purchased a nextel I870 that i plan on using the bluetooth interface with the Z1 to take calls through the touch sceen and play over the audio system. because of the metalic in the tint i will have to mount the gps antenna outside the car I am going to have this all professionally done so i am hoping for a nice finished look.

I am serierousy thinking about the turbonetics single turbo application as soon as the company updates the flash module for the 06. However I also ride an 04 R1 so I get my speed frustrations out on the bike and I may decide not to turbo the car. I find it hard to believe that i will be getting any more thrill than i can on the bike. I have test driven the car but did not get a chance to let loose, so i am unaware of the full throttle experience thus far. Turbo or not i am sure it has some A$$ to it once you open it up.

I have asked the dealer not to put on the front tag bracket required in MD, I feel it detracts from the looks. hopefully that will last before I get pulled over for it.
see you guys around, any helpful suggestions are more than welcome.

**** ya! Another 350z owner in MD. I live in Brooklyn, right down the way. I didn't go to Sheehy, though. I went to Norris Nissan West on Rt.40. They responded better to my internet inquiries. Hey, have you heard of any local Z-clubs in the area? I've heard of a couple in Baltimore City, but that's it. You can either respond to this site or contact me at [email protected]. Oh, BTW, I haven't put the front tag bracket on either. It just doesn't look right. :irock:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
... I have asked the dealer not to put on the front tag bracket required in MD, I feel it detracts from the looks. hopefully that will last before I get pulled over for it....
First of all .. Welcome to the site. A lot of people who are required to mount a front tag .. don't wanna. There is a tutorial provided (one of the perks of this site) on following the law without screwing up the car ..

Front Plate Bracket

·
Registered
450 Posts
:welcome: Glad to hear about another Z in MD. I'm up in Carroll County. I would think twice about not putting on the front license bracket (big ticket item). On the window tint 35% on front and sides with 20% on rear works well. There is a MD Z club, located in Finksburg. http://www.mdzclub.org/ Check it out. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
598 Posts
man o man, ive been looking for all you guys for a year now. geez i guess i smell funny.
rico i used to live in brooklyn and my parents still do. i know a ton of peoples in the burnie too. i use the sheehy in annapolis. i found then to be way better about fixing problems.
mdzowner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks all who responded. i will definatley be posting up some pics on or around the 16th of december, and again after the mods come in, i know you guys are tired of looking at a stock 06 in silverstone. The dealer told me they only could locate one car in the configuration that i wanted that wasnt sold, it was scheduled to go to a dealership in MS however my deposit insured that car is being re-routed to MD as soon as the truck gets there. Either way it will make a nice christmas present to myself.

I checked out the license plate bracket link, do you have any pictures of a plate mounted with this bracket? if so thanks. i would like to see how it looks.

I dont see many 350z on my way to work in columbia, maybe 1 in the past month. the time i did see one, an older woman was driving it to my surprise, i thought the majority of this cars market was a younger male crowd. my wife teased me and said see, its a girls car... lol thought you guys would enjoy that bit of humor..

·
Registered
450 Posts
If your around Columbia Gateway keep an eye out for a daytona blue. That be me. Hope to see you. :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I acutally work right off colubmia gateway drive, so i will keep my eye out. although i dont get off until 6pm so I will probably not see the normal 9 to 5'er

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey i feel the same way i may say the **** with the turbo cause i drive a gixxer 1000 and you and i know a car can never get your rocks off like a bike can. I had a fully built gsr integra with 380hp and before i bought my gixxer 1000 i had a kawi 636 and even that felt better hope to see ya around in the spring also what color is your r1 i was looking for a red one for a long time and just gave up and got a black gixxer 1000?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts