Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you fellow 305Z owners can offer me some advice.
I am at present waiting for my new 350Z to arrive from Japan to British shores. (.....and i'm v. excited about its arrival!)

The problem is, to make it road worthy it has to pass an 'SVA' test, in short a fog light is required, to pass the British vehicle laws.

How can I be sure that the garage selected to undertake the mods (not nissan approved) will actually not do a botch job and cut a big hole in the bumper and stick a unsightly fog lamp on my pride and joy???
Is there arear light cluster pack that nissan sell incorporating the fog lamp?

any advice would be gratefully received.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
first off welcome to the forum. second i thought most of the european model Z had the fog lamp on the rear (a red lens section on the lower left turn signal). can't be much help as it comes to shops in GB but i would make sure i could watch them and ask a ton of questions.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, if you ordered it from a Nissan dealership, then you won't have any problems. I saw a couple of 350's last year, so I assume they're made to meet UK specs.

And welcome to the site! :wavey:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Try putting fog lights in the grille instead of the bumper. Grille is a lot cheaper to replace if you screw up or don't like them. My .02.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm certain the body shop would check with you first without doing anything major... at least I'd hope they would. Putting the lights in the grille is a great idea, and if you wanted to, you might even be able to do it yourself. I know there are a few writeups out there on the Z boards.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Nov 20 2004, 01:06 PM
Try putting fog lights in the grille instead of the bumper. Grille is a lot cheaper to replace if you screw up or don't like them. My .02.

Fog lights in the UK are bright red lights on the rear of the car to allow better visibility of the person in front of you when it's foggy. A lot of dense dangerous fog in England.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts