Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows how many points is the stock immobiliser system in the 2003 350Z?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by FitterHappier@Jun 12 2005, 08:28 PM
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows how many points is the stock immobiliser system in the 2003 350Z?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
why would you want to know that? and what does it mean?

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
A lot of insurance companies these days insist that cars have a certain minimum number of immobilisation points before covering them. I know Famous & Classic requires 3, which is why quite a few of my friends in S15s (that only have 2 from the factory) had to get aftermarket alarms.

Where the 3 points are is beyond me; I assume that fuel and ignition are two points (they're the most common). Perhaps they separate "ignition" into separate battery and starter motor cutouts.

The Brant Nemesis I have apparently has 6 points - I can't for the life of me figure out what else you can cut out aside from fuel and battery power. Its not like its designed specifically for throttle-by-wire cars, so you could put a cutout there.

I think their count is a bit "creative"; the only difference between the 5 point system and the Nemesis is the keypad, which I can't see "cutting" anything out. It just adds another layer of authentication.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scathing for the information! Yes I needed to know how many points the immobiliser was because Just Cars Insurance wanted atleast a 2 point immobiliser in the car to insure it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts