Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had a quick solution to fixing a series of scratches I got on the front fascia right in front of my front right tire. I must have rubbed up against a curb or something....not sure as to the cause. But, if anyone can help, that would be great.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well are they surface scratches or down to the primer? If surface scratches, you can buff them out w/ swirl remover, try the 3M scratch remover, make sure to work the product till it dissappears and then remove w/ microfiber towel. If they are down to the primer (you can see white) you will have to use touch up paint. And I'd check out www.langka.com it makes the touch up paint not so noticable~ :cheers: and good luck~!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Sep 11 2005, 01:01 PM
oh and BTW :welcome: to tech!~
[snapback]154270[/snapback]​

Thanks for the advice...

Here is the lowdown on the scratches. It looks like a square about 2 inches by one inch. When looking at the fascia, the scratch is on the front left side right in front of the wheel and about four inches from the bottom of the fascia itself. It is mainly black, but some of the scratch looks like regular surface scratches would. I received a little bottle of of touch up paint when I bought the car. Will it look the same on plastic as it does on metal? Or should I go with something else?

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts