Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, what do u think about the demo models the dealer uses for test drives. should i steer clear from these ? or is it ok ? coz recently i saw one on carssales and the 350z had a price tag of $46900 and it was an 04 model with 12500km. to me that sounds like a good buy, the problem is, i dont live in queensland :(. soo what im gonna do is try my luck around dealerships to see if they'll match or better the price.

and another note. why is it soo hard to find a decent 350z for $45,000 ? im looking for an 03 siliver touring tiptronic with 35000km and yet i cannot find one or i do find one but the price is like $52000. there was heaps for sale during the beginning of the yr. but now, when its almost time to buy, i see nothing. even the dealers are telling me that they havent seen a 2nd hand 350z come in, in ages..

but anywayz, tell me what u guys think of the demo models and if its possible to score one with my budget.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carsales, tradingpost, drive, carpoint, carsreview (all online). i havent gone through the paper yet. but im assuming its the same.

woah, 43000 for a track ? do u mind pm me the initial price ? and did u purchase the car privately or through dealership ?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
generally demo cars are thrashed to buggery

if you're going to track it then who cares right, but if you're going to baby it, then its like marrying a prostitute and not wanting to give her any

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh i know. but what harm can a 10sec thrashin do to the z ? if it has the powerband to support it, it should be ok. besides, im sure if the salesman is sitting next to ya, u wouldnt thrash it the whole way.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
welcome to the board... if you reckon that 10sec of thrashing do not harm the z, then you can go ahead with that car. But if you are after an opinion, I would say no though... since you never know if anyone who cannot shift properly has driven the car either with or without the sales person in it.... and as I know, many dealers allow people to drive the car out without a sales especially if you know the dealer well... Best of luck finding the one that suits you! :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not to mention that the dealer will often use the car himself, getting to and from work. If I was the dealer, I would not be driving miss daisey in the Z, I would be fanging it at every opportunity - after all it's not my car and if anything goes wrong, I get the monkeys in the service dept to fix it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol yeh true. but im after a tiptronic, so thats why im considering it. hopefully i'll find one that suits me.

but seriously, is my $45,000 offer too low ? i've registered my name and details with a few dealerships and they didnt laugh at my offer or go, yeh rite.

thnx anywayz.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought this private, with the initial price of 45 i think. It was a company car, and the guy said he wanted to get rid of it coz he wasnt getting enough kms a year for it to be worthwhile (tax wise) and that he moved to someplace without a garage. It came with 19" works rims and a copied veilside (damaged) bodykit.
Had my mechanic check it, no crash and has been fine so far (fingers crossed, been 2 months now). I guess I just got a little lucky coz that we my limit to spend on the new car~

Good luck with the search~

I knew this other 350z (second owner) that sold his track for around 43k too, but I only offered 41K.

carsales, tradingpost, drive, carpoint, carsreview (all online). i havent gone through the paper yet. but im assuming its the same.

woah, 43000 for a track ? do u mind pm me the initial price ? and did u purchase the car privately or through dealership ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought this private, with the initial price of 45 i think. It was a company car, and the guy said he wanted to get rid of it coz he wasnt getting enough kms a year for it to be worthwhile (tax wise) and that he moved to someplace without a garage. It came with 19" works rims and a copied veilside (damaged) bodykit.
Had my mechanic check it, no crash and has been fine so far (fingers crossed, been 2 months now). I guess I just got a little lucky coz that we my limit to spend on the new car~

Good luck with the search~

I knew this other 350z (second owner) that sold his track for around 43k too, but I only offered 41K.
cheers mate. last 3 questions, was there a larger selection of 350z in the paper compared to online ? how long did it take for u to locate your 350z ? and was stamp duty around the $1300 mark ?

once again, thnx :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
No worries.

I only looked online, and took me about a month, maybe a little longer... looked at 5-6 350s (and some other cars like an STi, RX8 and Liberty GT). I offered 43K to all except one (41k), out of the 5, one accepted, one asked for a little more, one said he'd wait a little to see if he can get a better price, and two said 'your joking right'~

Stamp duty is 3% of the valueo of the car, (yes around 1,300. I wanted the seller to write a lower price but he wrote down the price before the words came out of my mouth).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts