Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Wait... he transplanted the Celica engine into a 350z? This is madness!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Aug 31 2004, 04:31 PM
Wait... he transplanted the Celica engine into a 350z?  This is madness!

No, he put 350Z headlights on the Celica. There was one on TV somewhere not too long ago

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Man, you guys are complete snobs.

That is obviously a show car, and show cars follow different rules. This guy thought the Celica would look better with headlights like the Z. I think I agree. That car is actually well done. A lot of time was put into that car to make it perfect (at least his idea of perfect) and I think he did well. I mean honestly, what's so wrong with that car, except that you all are pissed that there's a Z part on a Toyota?

My .02

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Aug 31 2004, 06:27 PM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ Aug 31 2004, 06:27 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-cedusett
@Aug 31 2004, 04:31 PM
Wait... he transplanted the Celica engine into a 350z? This is madness!

No, he put 350Z headlights on the Celica. There was one on TV somewhere not too long ago

wrong post, ooops.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lo Fi-

It is in the eye of the beholder (builder), but WTF... At what point should you just buy a better car?...& show dat!

I understand the showcar hyperbole, but I like cars that at least look like they should/could be driven....without being laughed off the road.

True, the guy did $pend a lot of $$ & SOMEbody did a lot of work on that car....in Tijuana perhaps....?...IMHO, some folks don't know when to quit (that would be some time prior to when there's more 'mod' than car visible to the naked eye
...)

Ed Roth could pull it off...this dude is just pulling off...

Points for tryin', but only cause you insist.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
lion - yeah, you have a point. With as much money as he prob sunk into that thing he prob could have gotten the real thing and shown that

Secondly, that stang is just horrible. Obviously whoever did has no taste whatsoever and should be stricken of owning, driving, or showing any car or car related item. He, unlike the first guy, has no clue about anything, didn't take his time, and has no idea about what is asthetically pleasing. What an idiot.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
yep. that m3stank is another point in our argument against clear corners....just say: "NO!"

& I do see the difference: Celica is slow-cooked rice. M3stank is Uncle Ben's!

·
Registered
139 Posts
you gotta respect the work that went into the Celica, and those headlights do look pretty sweet, but the 3-series conversion on that Rustang looks like a monkey trying to hump a football...if it's not a showcar, don't do stuff like that, you can't polish a turd anyways

1 - 20 of 21 Posts