Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

Just curious to see how many people are out there with GT4 on their PS2s and who else is addicted to Nurburgring??!?! :helpsmilie:

I just did my personal best with a 350Z Anniverary model at 8:06.173 there (that includes one wipeout, cost me 2-3 seconds may be?).

Shall we start a small "online competition"? :nana:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
hahaha nice one Iggy

i went out and bought one of those Logitech Driving Force Pro steeringwheels and a metal racing sim + seat when GT4 came out

the Z is a little boring to drive though on the ring, theres no power oversteer, nonetheless ill take up that challenge :cheers:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

I got a steering wheel too... but don't have a set up yet for it so just using the controller. In the next few weeks when I have a spare weekend I might drum something up.... :)

I am happy to throw out the gauntlet for the '87 RUF yellow bird! Considering there are two nice videos of it @ the Ring ... it'll be cool to compare! :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I just did my personal best with a 350Z Anniverary model at 8:06.173 there (that includes one wipeout, cost me 2-3 seconds may be?)

That does not sound very realistic. The 'real' 350Z has managed 8:26 with a pro driver. Though this car was 100% stock.

8:06 is quicker than F355, Viper and even all 911s (bar GT3, GT2 and 911 TT) can do ... have thery got a short-cut in there, or they just did not get the timing right in the game?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The game isn't suposed to be 100% correct, some of the specs of cars are not correct. But at the moment it's the best we can get.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking the same thing because I remember Clarkson saying that if you have an Enzo and a good driver you might get under 8 mins. I reakon with a few mor elaps I could get that 350 under 8 mins... ???

I'll be really pissed off if they've screwed up the track!!! :xZ!o:

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
The game isn't suposed to be 100% correct, some of the specs of cars are not correct. But at the moment it's the best we can get.
Actually, the best you can get now is Forza Motorsports on XBox, but GT4 is a very close second.

Not going to re-type my views on this. You can read my full comparison review HERE, along with addendums. The review is about halfway down page 1.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David, I realised why my time was so fast... tyres. I had "Sports - Soft" compound selected.

I selected a "Road" tyre (in Arcade mode... so car is 100% stock). I did a fairly clean lap, with one touch of the wall and did an 8.22.774.

Let's stick to the Road tyre option from now on :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
David, I realised why my time was so fast... tyres. I had "Sports - Soft" compound selected.

OK, cool ... that makes sense. Still, they are probably giving way too much advantage to the 'soft' compound (would that be R-spec or slick?). 996 GT3s and F360s seem to gain about 10sec around N'ring with R-spec tyres. So with R-spec tyres I'd expect ~8:16 lap from 350Z if they really got a good lap (that is in real life).

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]
Hard to say... but the differnce in braking alone is amazing! Some 5th gear sweepers that I took flat out with Sport tyres, I had to drop to 4th and really be careful cause of understeer and lack of grip through the corner itself.

·
Registered
785 Posts
There was a GT4 competition in the UK, where the best 16 times on the Nurb circuit in ARCADE mode only each would win a 350Z! I don't know whether it is still going, but the best the last time I looked on the GT4 site was something like 7 minutes 40 seconds!!

Not bad at all, and yes the game is not realistic, it is afterall a game!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
with nothing on TV, and refusing to watch that gay factor i jumped on the PS2

after two laps in arcade mode, my best lap was an 8.13.023

in an Anniversary Z with no traction, 6 speed and sports medium tyres :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Funnily enough, the journos at Motor mag are running the same comp at their office. One guy managed a 7:45, but I don't know if he was modified.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
For the serious GT4 gamers, I saw in Motor mag a package that consisted of a bucket seat, steering wheel, gear shifter and monitor, with speakers all intergrated for sale for $2,800.
I reckon you'd need something like this to do a 7.18 in a stock Z.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeap thats the setup im running

bought it from gameon minus the speakers and LCD. Im using the Logitech DTS 5.1 system instead that i bought from Harvey Norman, awesome sound, its a 500W RMS setup, GT4 has been programmed with DTS in mind, and the effects are so realistic

cost $1500 for the seat + frame + steeringwheel. I went halvies with my bro, otherwise its too expensive

personally i think ud be quicker using the control pad than the steeringwheel, it took me ages to get used to the 900 degree movement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone trying the Motor Mag GT$ Nurburgring comp Arcade mode 350Z GT4 soft sports tyres, max power min weight, aids optional (off). I got 7'33.815 so far. Think there's a sec or two more in it for me. Anyone got better?

·
Registered
303 Posts
lol... doesn't make me want to go buy a PS2 when i see a 7'33 from a 350z even if modded to **** and back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts