Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got my z a week ago. I have a new aftermarket stereo in it. And now want some more speed to fill the atmosphere. Looking to get an intake, some sort of chip and maybe some other stuff. My eventul goal in six month is to turbo or supercharge it but till then need some help for best horsepower gains. New to the z family :goodtimes: only really know what mods work for Rx-7s. any help is appreciated.
one more thing i am looking to join anykind of club in the chicago area just moved here from idaho.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
If you plan on getting a turbo or supercharger, don't get an intake, it will be a waste of money. Also, there are no ECUs for the Z yet other than Technosquare's reflash, and you'd probably want to hold off on that until you go FI because it's a custom job.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, like Jaysen and Dirn said, hold off until you get the turbo kit. By then, you'll know exactly what you need (after all your extensive research). Save the money because every $100 will count after you start buying for the 'KIT.'

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I do agree with the save your money thing. You will definately need it once you get that turbo. If you really want to spend some money right now maybe get a front lip or something. I highly recommend Veilside V1.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
that front lip is so beautiful dave, i still want one. i guess i should just cough up the money adn jsut buy it!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
just agreeing with what everyone else has said already. save up and go F/I but if you are don;t go with an intake. And there is no "chip" mod for this car either, not even those cheap ebay ones. They are a rip-off

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Sep 28 2004, 03:31 PM
that front lip is so beautiful dave, i still want one.  i guess i should just cough up the money adn jsut buy it!!

Thanks Jaysen. You should definately just give in and do it! Your gonna be on that doctors salary soon enough!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay that helps alot one more thing what will and won't void my warrnty i have the full gold cause i have nav.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Basically they have to prove that the part you put on caused the problem if going in for warranty work. You also may want to remove a part before going in for warranty work. It all depends on how mod friendly your dealer is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts