Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sweet ride, especially since it doesn't look as busy as the Nismo 350Z.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
That Nismo Z is badass! I wonder what exactly they did to squeeze out another 18 HP? Tuned exhaust, intake, cams, different ECU tune maybe?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm feeling the NISMO. In my opinion, it corrects the only major problem with the 370Z, the front bumper. Unfortunately I'm guessing it will be outside my price range, and quickly heading towards Cayman S territory. The general consensus on a 370z board is the power gain may be nothing but a revised exhaust system (unconfirmed rumor), although direct injection has been thrown around too.

~Pat

·
Registered
145 Posts
"the zenith of Zness".....nice alliteration

I think the vert looks really nice, and I hate verts, period

the nismo definitely looks better than the normal 370

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
This just makes me mad! I finally get my "dream Nissan" (three years ago) and now Nissan 1UP's me! **** it, I really want this car! I need to get out of school and get a job! Who needs 10 years of college anyway?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my 03 Z, but this new Z is looking pretty good.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have yet to see a 370 cruising on the streets of Minneapolis. Guess I need to get out more. Actually, another Z club had a meet at one of the dealerships recently, and there was a 370 there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m very intrigued by the Syncro Rev Match feature in the 370Z 6-speed transmission. My Dad had an ancient Chevy convertible and he would sometimes shift the 4 speed without using the clutch pedal. He’d be putting along, and instead of disengaging the clutch in preparation to shift gears, he would just blip the throttle to create some slack in the driveline and nudge the shift lever into neutral. He would then bring the engine RPM up to a point that exactly matched the appropriate road speed for the gear he was shifting into and just pop it into gear.

When I was 16 he bought me an old MGB. Notwithstanding all their faults, these cars had very slick shifting and robust transmissions and a nice, big, clear reading tach & speedo. Dad could both up and down shift this car with aplomb sans clutch pedal. Remembering what RPM, matched to what road speed in what gear and all, was way beyond anything I could understand, so I never wanted to try that trick. Dad told me that the easiest gear to rev match was fourth, as it was a one-to-one ratio. He had me drive in fourth at a steady 30 mph and note the exact rpm on the tachometer. He then told me to slow down and in third gear accelerate back up to about 33 mph, fall off the throttle and nudge the gear lever into neutral. As the MG coasted along, I brought the engine speed up to the aforementioned RPM and when the speed dropped to exactly 30mph, I pulled the gear lever into fourth and sure enough, a perfect engagement. That was only one gear, and only on the up-shift, I was just too spazzy to ever try a more difficult down shift.

If the 370’s computer can exactly match up road and engine speeds, someone with a smooth gentle touch should be able pull off a few clutchless shifts. That’d sure an icebreaker with the salesman on a new car test drive!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Not a fan of the 370 stocker.....BUT THE NISMO IS SWEET. Add a little FI to that ride and it will be perfect. Too bad I am so upside down in my 350.....

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have to say I'm finally getting round to the idea of the 370Z. The Nismo version looks heaps better and now my opinion on the new Z is quite different.

If I was to get one, I'd plump for the Nismo version for sure.

:)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And what would the future missus have to say about that? :nervous:

·
Registered
42 Posts
UGHHHHH... If only I had the money.....

I must say, I am in love with the new Z!!! I would like to get my hands on a set of those new Nismo wheels!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts