Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i was informed by a guy with an 04 roadster that when your factory warranty is up you can take your z to the nissan dealer to install a chip that puts your engine at 350hp...The engine is set up for that much, but you cant get it until your factory warranty is up. Is this old news? is it b.s.? or what do you think. He supposedly talked to a nissan mechanic.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Oh god I hope so. If it's true, I won't be waiting for the warranty to expire. I'll find a way to get another chip, have it reprogrammed, put it in place. That way if I do have to take it into the shop, I can put the stock chip back in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but thats what im sayin...its a nissan chip, not like aftermarket...???

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Sep 10 2004, 02:58 PM
Oh god I hope so.  If it's true, I won't be waiting for the warranty to expire.  I'll find a way to get another chip, have it reprogrammed, put it in place.  That way if I do have to take it into the shop, I can put the stock chip back in.

ECUs cost some serious $$ if you don't send them your old one back

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're looking at about 63 more flywheel HP from an already severely tapped out VQ.

It's not true.

Most I've seen from an ECU ranges from 7-10rwhp.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
My god I hope that this isnt from a salesman or something. Sounds like some crap that they would come up with.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I actually met one guy who tried to tell me that he just ordered a track model with less trunk space option , leather seats and auto... I was too tired to argue with him , so I decided to just let it go...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
If you think you can get a 63 hp gain with just an engine chip, I got a bridge you might wanna buy. It's in Brooklyn.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Sep 11 2004, 10:55 AM
i was told by a salesman that i can buy the nismo cat back and get about 40hp...

Hahaha yeah I was basically told the same thing. Its just so sad how little these people really know about the cars they are selling

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Sep 11 2004, 12:00 PM
...or how little respect they have for the knowledge of the eople they are selling them too

Definately agree with you there. Some will tell you anything even if they know it is a downright lie just to make that sale. Its just called bad business ethics.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although it is cool when you find salesmen who know alot about the cars they are selling.

(this makes up about 5%)

The majority couldn't tell you what a VQ35DE is.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yeah, well, I'm a car nut, but I haven't needed to learn engine codes. Just tell me what car it was originally from and I'll go, "Oh, yeah, sweet."

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I was reading a thread on the other board yesterday and someone asked a salesman how much the Z weighs. He looked at some label on the door and responded "oh it weighs 4200 lbs." He was probably looking at the maximum gross weight. Just goes to show yet again how much they really know about these cars they are selling.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So true...I was at a Ford dealership dropping a coworker off to pick up his truck. We went inside to look at the Panoz, and a salesman came up to BS with us. He finds out what I have and starts giving it high marks saying his buddy has an 02 350Z and what an amazing car it is.
Um, yeah, whatever you say buddy.

I think service managers probably know the most about our cars (if they're cool). Mine owns a rare Porsche which he mods and races, so he knows where we're coming from when we talk HP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
omg, i was in a nissan dealership looking at a Z on display that had the nismo exhaust. I asked on of the dealers about what kind of gains it could give me and he looks at the paper in the window, after finding the HP rating he goes well its already at 287 so the exhaust should put you somewhere around 350..........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts