Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an o3 350, i want to permantly disable the factory alarm. does any1 know how i would go about this.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
a good question is why would you want to do that? i would think if anything like a break in or the car gets wrecked and you need to get stuff replaced, i am sure the insurance and the warranty stuff would be rendered invalid if you disable it. plus i really do nto see if this could be done (otherwise there would be alot of stolen Z's out on the road

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm guessing you're either:

1. installing an aftermarket alarm
2. trying to disable it on someone else's Z so you can break in and not have them hear the alarm

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Nov 3 2004, 04:43 PM
I'm guessing you're either:

1. installing an aftermarket alarm
2. trying to disable it on someone else's Z so you can break in and not have them hear the alarm

well i didnt want to come right out and say that, but it is what i thought :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aftermarket alarm, is what i want to install. im tricking this out i dont want anything factory. i dont want any1 ripping it off. i know on sum cars the factory alarm is pretty ez to disable. so i want to disable it and run aftermarket. wasnt sure if i would run into problems with the factory alarm when i modify it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Lots of people have installed alarms in their Z, so I imagine it can't be too hard. But seeing as how I haven't, all I can suggest is looking in the service manual

·
Registered
331 Posts
For a guy that just joined 3- Nov- 04.....Dirn...your RIGHT ON!!!! Also Steve350Z Too!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts