Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Now that's what I like to read, or at least the setup I like to see. Short and simple, prices listed for every part needed. Great work! :clap:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that's what I like to read, or at least the setup I like to see. Short and simple, prices listed for every part needed. Great work! :clap:
we do our best :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
only thing is I would not go off the prices you have for the install parts...some of those are out of date and have changed. Best to contact your local dealer for current pricing

·
Registered
39 Posts
They offer the complete diff with with the gears installed and the option of your choices of either stock LSD/NISMO LSD/GIKEN LSD.

would this be an easier install vs. taking the diff apart and shimming it and all the other fun stuff?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They offer the complete diff with with the gears installed and the option of your choices of either stock LSD/NISMO LSD/GIKEN LSD.

would this be an easier install vs. taking the diff apart and shimming it and all the other fun stuff?
Yes, but either way you are paying for labor. You either pay 350evo or your mechanic/Nissan.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
This seems like a really good mod to me!

From where does the Z read its speed? If it is from the tranny, wouldn't new gears throw off the spedometer? If so, is there a way to correct for this.. i.e. recalibrate. I know on a lot of newer sport bikes you can buy an add on box that allowed you to recalibrate your spedometer. You could do it by using mile markers on the highway, or by using a GPS system which is the most accurate.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the speed sensor reads off the axle, after all of the gearing so nothing will change.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
that's convenient!

So, do you think you will have trouble getting traction after you put in a SC or turbo kit? I've heard some people making those types of claims. Of course with good tires and modded suspension, you might be fine.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think around 400whp these gears will be fine. More than that and there will probably be major trouble. I need to get my rear camber adjusted anyways.

·
Registered
99 Posts
josh.. let me know how much the install cost you. i live in san antonio and wouldnt mind driving to forth worth if the price on the install is reasonable and if the mechanic does a good job. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts