Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there. Does anyone else experience a "clunk" when shifting to second? I notice it more when driving next to an embankment or barrier wall, but the other gears shift well, but when going in to second there is a nice "clunk" as I shift. No slipping, or grinding or anything else. The rest of the tranny seems fine. Any ideas? Does this warrant the "trip to the ole dealer"?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same problem here on my 04 it also takes alot of effort to shift into second.. dealer says its normal(bs) but i got it documented so if problems arrive later. Also be ready for your window motors to give you problems both mine have went out... These are just little things though still a fun car

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...the passenger window ('04 as well) is acting up. I think it's off track a little, but when I roll it up with the door closed it often goes back down to half way, as if something is pushing it down. Open the door and roll it up, it's just fine. Ill have her at the dealer this weekend with both these issues to here their words of "its normal" but, it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Give it a try, and don't accept the "its normal" BS. Tell them you know it is NOT normal, because you belong to a forum full of informed Z owners, and they sided with you. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts