Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep that's right, Nissan Oz will be releasing a 225kW version of the Z soon.
NizmoPete told me this today after he contacted Nissan Aust Marketing Manager.
Apparently, the more powerful Z will have variable valve timing on the exhaust side. Not sure what else, but I'm sure Peter will chime in and let us know.
I wonder if there will be much difference in Torque output as I'm guessing that the addition power is peaky as the engine should finally be able to breath better aroud the 6000rpm level.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
KY350:

I think that will be the 35th Anniversary Edition Zed for us... and it will also have a 7000 rpm redline limit too.... it is gonna have an even nicer engine than our standard zeds now....

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you think Nissan OZ will come out with a GT or track roadster (with brembo brake kit included) like Europe does? And for the 225kw engine, is it only affact to the Track model? and 6MT only?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am unsure if Nissan will offer the 225kW engine in all its Aussie models or whether the new engine will be exclusive to an Anniversary model. Either way, once the 225kw model is released, it won't be long before this engine becomes standard across the range.
7000rpm would be nice!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Z with the new update is due for release in late Febuary.
I can,t remember if he said it was 221kw or 225kw but I beleive the motor will be used in all models.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Originally posted by nizmo pete@Jan 18 2005, 01:50 PM
I can,t remember if he said it was 221kw or 225kw but I beleive the motor will be used in all models.

So that means.... our old zed price will just drop down automatically now!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
498 Posts
Originally posted by nizmo pete@Jan 19 2005, 05:50 AM

Yeah that late Feb release date is right guys I have a new track on order and I should take delivery before the end of Feb. :thumbsup:

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
G'day guys,

Just registered, 1st post.

I am very close to buying a Touring Z, I didn't know they were bringing in the upgraded version, was just wondering if you guys know the right person to call to order the car from, and find out the specifics on the new versions coming out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
785 Posts
As the release drwas closer the dealers should know more about it.
I doubt that most if not all the dealers would have a clue!

Try contacting some & see what they know?
I bought my touring from Lander Nissan Blacktown, they had the best price, but it pays to shop around! If you try Lander Nissan Blacktown ask for Ben fiorini, he is a straight up & down guy!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Z350Lover+Jan 18 2005, 07:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nizmo pete
@Jan 18 2005, 01:50 PM

So that means.... our old zed price will just drop down automatically now!

cheers,

richie

Yep - if yopu have plans to sell your Z in the next couple of months, you may save a couple thousand by selling before the news of the new model hits the stands.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much if they release the slightly higher spec model soon.
Cars always drop in value, moreso in the first year!
By the time a new car is 3 yrs old the depreciation curve tapers off. The trick is to sell at least 3 yrs (if not more) down the track.
New models, upgrades, etc is all part of the depreciation built into every car!
The zed depreciation value (around 63-65%) is on par with most cars.
If you want an appreciating asset, buy some real estate, otherwise just enjoy your car!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by mickyboy@Jan 19 2005, 02:03 AM
The trick is to sell at least 3 yrs (if not more) down the track.

Actually, the trick is to BUY not sell after 3 years as the depreciation plateus slightly and the first owner has worn a great deal of the depreciation in this initial period.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah that's right! If possible a private buyer should never buy a vehicle from brand new. If they do, they should keep the car at least for 3-5 yrs. The depreciation on nearly all vehicles is highest in first year, slightly lower 2nd year, again lower 3rd year and then starts to level off. By the 5th year it is very stable.
I buy all my cars new as I run for business, always on 3 yr lease, to take advantage of the write-off in value via the depreciation.
So for me (& getting back to the original) a new model release, or slight upgrade in this case, actually works in my favor in some strange way!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I am actaully quite surprised that Nissan Aussie will want to bring out the newer engine that soon though..... is the sales on the zed going down pretty badly now? It has only been 2 years since I bought the zed (when it first arrived in the country) and the new model is out already... comparing to s2k and other similar performance cars within this price range, it is just a bit too fast I think...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Well, Nissan Australia may not have a choice.

If Nissan Japan has decided that all the VQ35DE's they're fitting in the Z33 from now on are going to have VCT on the exhaust side (and something like that isn't exactly a bolt-on mod), its not like Australia's market is big enough to say, "Hey wait, we want a special run of Z's where the differences has nothing to do with ADR compliance".

I agree that it feels a little too quick. It kind of feels like I bought a HSV - I buy the car one year, and next year they churn out another model with slightly more power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by scathing@Jan 19 2005, 07:38 PM
I agree that it feels a little too quick. It kind of feels like I bought a HSV - I buy the car one year, and next year they churn out another model with slightly more power.

I was thinking the same thing. Amazing how HSV keeps finding an extra 10kw each year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah HSV, feel sorry for those guys. If you had purchased a 300kw GTS (I think) late last year for $95 000 odd, then Holden releases The LS2 engine with 290kw odd & you can buy it for $40K odd. Imagine waht HSV will do with that engine, probably similar to 400kw as per the c6 hotted up version.
Nissan haven't really been that bad with 20kw odd more!

·
Registered
352 Posts
The same thing happened when I bought mine, except it went from 195kW to 250kW.

I reckon they just change the badges anyway!

As always

H

1 - 20 of 39 Posts