Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:OMG:
The next version of Nissan’s 350Z (2009) may surprise those expecting a mild update. Rumors are swirling that the next-generation Z will be a performance car in the realm of Porsche’s new Cayman, with a “more involving chassis” and “punchier engine,” according to AutoExpress. As enthusiasts are prone to inference, the talk is Nissan (possibly through its NISMO motorsports brand) is plotting a full-frontal assault on Porsche. Already, a global Skyline GT-R now in the works, and said to be coming in 2007, could undercut the 911. A significantly recast 350Z would be a potential Cayman beater. Then what? a Twin-turbo Armada?
Anyone heard anything else about it?
(specs, spyshots,...?) :cheers:

why is it three more F*#^&*@ years? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think a version might come out to compete with the Cayman...but a entire car with different versions to compete with the Cayman would be ridiculous...this is Nissan, not a Porsche competitor...JMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing a version made by Nissan, but Nissan really needs to stick to the mainstream buyers when making a new car (not a new "trim").

I used to doubt it, but I think a more powerful Z car (either through F/I on the VQ35DE or swapping to the VQ45DE) is definitely on the horizon, and maybe a updated chassis that handles better.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An aluminum chassis a la lotus elise would be soooooooooooooooo goood! :shiftdrive: :bow: :drool:

alhough prices would rocket into the air if they had to engineer a platform especially for the Z... :doh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
If they are going after Porsche, they will quickly price thier cars out of reach for the people who buy them and make the Z a successful model now. I can afford a Z. I cannot afford a Cayman or 911. If they were priced the same or within a few thousand dollars of being the same I would probably buy the Porsche instead of the Nissan.

I hope that if they do this they can keep the cars inexpensive enough for the mainstream sportscar buyers to afford.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
If they are going after Porsche, they will quickly price thier cars out of reach for the people who buy them and make the Z a successful model now. I can afford a Z. I cannot afford a Cayman or 911. If they were priced the same or within a few thousand dollars of being the same I would probably buy the Porsche instead of the Nissan.

I hope that if they do this they can keep the cars inexpensive enough for the mainstream sportscar buyers to afford.
I'm pretty sure Nissan remembers what happened to the Z32 when the price was climbing too high. I don't think they sold above a thousand Z's the last year it came out.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I can see them perhaps offering a turbo edition - why not?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
something to shoot for - evolution is good - competition is better - keeping the cost down must be a consideration - sounds like a GT-R to go after the big guys to mee!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.