Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess the good thing about this car is that it looks nothing at all like the Concept-E they initially released. I think that by going back to that 2G look was a good choice, though i think they could have done alot better with engine and drivetrain choices (EVO-R). Plus the car is going to be a heavy pig.

http://www.automotivearticles.com/2006_Mit...i_Eclipse.shtml

my assessment, more fluff, less power. kind of disappointing to say the least

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Wait, I dont get it... how can a company that is pretty much bankrupt keep making cars?? Who owns mitsu now? Daimler-Chrysler wants no part of them, as they cut them out of their funding. They consistently lose money each year.. zero profit rate. What gives?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Looks like a mix between a Scion tC and a Tiburon.

They screwed up with the current Eclipse and it seems like they are doing the same thing now. Like you said, more fluff than anything else.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Good point Jetpilot. At least we can look forward to deals like Zero Down and no payments until 2007. They'll start turning a profit on a car today that they sold a year ago.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Looks like the took the ugliest concept car I've ever seen and beat it with an ugly stick. I wonder if the hood and trunk still open to the side

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'm not a fan of the taillights, but that's the one exception on my list. I figured someone would say something about that.

Now, the RX330... :vomit:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The only portion of that car that I somewhat like is the Audi TT-like rear. The concept looked 10X better IMO.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
2006 Mitsubishi Ecilpse Specs:

Eclipse GT Model: 260 horsepower 3.5 liter V6 with either a 6 speed manual or a 5 speed automatic transmission.

Eclipse GS Model: 162 horsepower 2.4 liter engine with a 5 speed manual or a 4 speed automatic transmission.

The new 4th Generation Mitsubishi Eclipse has arrived with style. Not looking so much similar to its big brother the 3rd Generations, the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse has a clear similarity to the very popular 2nd generation (95-99) we've all come to love.

Last year when the sporty 2006 Eclipse Concept-E was revealed it packed a 260-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 for the Eclipse GT, paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic transmission.

The interior comes in three different color themes that Mitsubishi claims to be geared for specific people:
a) A Sporty charcoal is targeted toward the youths
b) The Hi-Q (medium gray) theme geared for technology/savvy consumers
c) Avant-Garde (terra cotta) theme is for sophisticated drivers with a nick for interior design.

The interior includes high-back sport seats with aggressive bolsters and integrated headrests position, four-spoke steering wheel and stylized instrument panel with soft-touch material. The motorcycle-inspired gauges are backlit with ice-blue.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The interior is not friendly at all. The layout is really hard to get comfortable with...everything is spread out on the center console, and the gauges are difficult to zero in on.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
Yeah, it sure does, now that I look at it again.

I have a feeling that the Mitsu execs are asking for :helpsmilie:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
June's Road and Track is actually trying to compare the specs between this car saying it will compete very well against the Z. :lmfao:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts