Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top is hanging up and not completely opening at about 1/2 way.

Any tips or sites I can go to so I can figure out my next step??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Seems like you have a couple of problems with your ZR. While you can research this yourself, I'd find a dealership with a factory trained tech to do the diagnostic on your window and top problems. They have the ability to figure this out much faster than suggestions from the internet. Be sure to update either of your threads and let us know what they find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I release it and push the button is goes back about 1/2 way then "hangs up" and won't go any further. It does close back ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I release it and push the button is goes back about 1/2 way then "hangs up" and won't go any further. It does close back ok.

Checked the front actuators and sensors for the cover ? As you prolly know the sequence is: rear part lifts> cover lifts >front part recedes > whole thing goes into storage area > cover closes.

It is really easy to dismount the back part of the top - 2 screws in the back and 2 cotters( u shaped part in a groove fixture connected to a ball joint, just behind the seat). You will have much better access to the whole rear cover assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
convert top

i had a similar problem , when i pressed open top would go &stop &go try with ignition on not started

so first i check brake switich make sure black bumper is in place then i check 5th bow motor also there is a switch on driver side which u can''''t see u can lower top manualy by open trunk remove all panels &see two &see to handles to pull to release top . i hope this helps

i had to replace a sw on drivers side lever was bent also repair 5th bow motor2 yrs ago just replace top yesterday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts