Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 350z. I need help ordering replacement Hatch Lift struts.

I ordered twice from Amazon.com, but, both times I have managed to order the wrong struts...

I think it must be a 350z Model difference.

My model is very basic, 6-speed Manual Trans, cloth seats, no controls on the steering wheel, no Cruise Control.
It does have the Tire Pressure Sensor.

The Hatch is nothing special. No Spoiler or Cover over the Hatch glass.

Can someone please help me figure out which Lift strut to order? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a 2006 350z. I need help ordering replacement Hatch Lift struts.

I ordered twice from Amazon.com, but, both times I have managed to order the wrong struts...

I think it must be a 350z Model difference.

My model is very basic, 6-speed Manual Trans, cloth seats, no controls on the steering wheel, no Cruise Control.
It does have the Tire Pressure Sensor.

The Hatch is nothing special. No Spoiler or Cover over the Hatch glass.

Can someone please help me figure out which Lift strut to order? Thanks
They're all the same except for Nismo, which requires a heavier duty (higher pressure) one for the weight of the wing. (I have a set of those on my standard hatch and watch that chin when opening! Ha!)

OEM are the best as many of the aftermarket ones are made "close to the dimensions required and fit other cars". Try Courtesy parts or Z1 Motorsports

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might want to look into those on z1motorsports. They offer 3 diff strengths. For my ‘07, I chose the mid level as they were strong enough to hold the hatch up but not extremely hard to bring it down. Be aware that you’ll still have to slightly lift the gate once it’s unlatched. The gate will then lift on it’s own. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It has the following features:

Max-Lift lift supports fit and perform as well as the original units
Monroe Max-Lift Lift Support
Nitro-Carburized Rod: For exceptional corrosion resistance and durability.
Durable Plastic Rod Guide reduces potential rod abrasion
Main seal provides positive closure for high-pressure gas.
High-Strength Piston Assembly with leak-resistant seal

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might want to look into those on z1motorsports. They offer 3 diff strengths. For my ‘07, I chose the mid level as they were strong enough to hold the hatch up but not extremely hard to bring it down. Be aware that you’ll still have to slightly lift the gate once it’s unlatched. The gate will then lift on it’s own. Good luck.
QFT. I have spent several hundred dollars at Z1 motorsports over the years, including these struts. Very reasonable price, easy enough to install.

Love me some Z1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts