Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most likely re-worked ECU, i doubt they made and "hard" changes to the z.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I believe it has 300hp. Probably a simple ecu change, and i *think* i read something about a different intake setup?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like maybe diff set of cams in there, there is more horse but less torque (more torque is better, respectively) althought this same feat could be accomplished via ECU re-config, CVTCS changes and what not. (SEE BELOW)

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
300 hp @ 6,400 rpm
260 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

VS.

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

·
Registered
150 Posts
13 more bhp's aint sh*t anyway, you probably get 5-6 (at best) more at the wheels once the drivetrain is through with it, which will not even remotely make any significance in power gain, and a loss in 14 important lb-ft torque, it's a even trade off numbers wise, but you lose when losing torque, the 300bhp 260 torque seems to be a lose lose situation to me. Nissan is trying to give you a slower car, just like the transition from 300zxtt - 350z. Way to go Nissan :clap:

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]

bump

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
makes my decision harder...

My company is a business partner with nissan. so we get a discount on nissans.

I really want the brembo brakes, forged wheels, and tcs/dsc

(brakes for cosmetic and performance; wheels for performance)

Not sure what i should do here...

i know i can get aftermarket brakes, but most reasonably priced ones i see are front only, and i know they do almost all the hard work, but it just looks kinda silly to me to have stock calipers in the rear when you have a big brake kit in the front.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i like the '05 track, get it. you can get the torque back later by changing the cams (which I plan to do to my 05 enthus anyways), i think. personally, i want stoptech brakes and a set of BBS for wheels which is why i went the enthuis route. but if you like the brembos (which are awesome) and you like the 05 track wheels (which are alright) then do it. you probably won't notice a huge diff between the 05 track and any other model, so if you like the looks, then do it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think the internals (mainly cams) are different on the track to get the extra power through the extra revs. I think they tested hte 300hp as .1 sec faster than the regular ones

·
Registered
790 Posts
You get variable valve timing on the both the intake and exhaust. - more horse power less torque.

It is the same motor that has been in the track model and is now in the 05 G35.

~Z~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts