Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering is it possible to add heated seats and traction control button? I's like to really have the leather seats the cloth ones and not very good on wear and tear. I guess what I'm wondering is did Nissan go ahead and supply the wiring for most of these features just not add the buttons and oviously the lack of heaters in the seats or would I have to add everything? Not just add a button and BAM I have a traction control on/off switch. Add some seat and the heater buttons and have heated seats. Any Ideas on this and any other features let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The traction control: no.

You can install the OEM heated & powered leather seats but I would advise against it. You will have to do all of the wiring. Using the factory switches is not easy so people usually use Autozone switches (ugly IMO). Not to mention the factory seats are VERY heavy. What's the point of power seats anyway? You set them once then that's it. You're carrying around a bunch of heavy motors and actuators for no reason.

A better option (IMO) is to just get some high quality leather seat covers from somewhere like leatherseats.com or katzkin.com. You'll have nice leather seats without the weight. Best of both worlds IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would rather get your suggestion. I don't care much for the fancy crap like power seats I just didn't know I could buy decent seats like you're talking about. I've owned Jeeps and motorcycles so fancy extras are not really high on my list.

Now back to the traction control. what all entails making it happen? Can you tell me why I can't add it? I just want to be able to turn it off. It's annoying. I know may way around vehicals pretty well, but most of my experience it with bikes and Jeeps and most of the Jeeps were older ones with carbs. So the whole computer thing can be a challenge. Although I have a friend that can help me in the comuter area. He runs a shop down the street from me.

So what was excluded when they left this nice little gadget out?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you don't have a TCS button by the gas door opener, you don't have traction control/traction aids. If you do have a TCS button and you press it, all traction aids are 100% off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK fair enough. I do not, but I do have issues getting the back end of this thing loose. Probably lack of experience. :)

Is there a list of the base model features that the 05 come with?

Thanks for your patience with my noob questions. I'm new to the 350z, but I like to tinker.

·
Registered
643 Posts
According to the dealer brochure for 2005, your base has the following:

287 hp 3.5 liter V6
6 speed manual transmission
17" aluminum alloy wheels
automatic temperature control
tire pressure monitor system
cd audio system

There were dealer installed options such as floor mats, spoiler, and mud guards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have a base it has an open diff. You can swap in a factory vlsd or go aftermarket. Then, staying sideways should get easier

I also swapped heated leather seats into mine. Wiring was actually pretty straight forward, and the extra weight didn't really concern me too much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you have a base it has an open diff. You can swap in a factory vlsd or go aftermarket. Then, staying sideways should get easier

I also swapped heated leather seats into mine. Wiring was actually pretty straight forward, and the extra weight didn't really concern me too much.

Thanks I'll have to look into a limited slip diff. Can't be more than $800 for than part and about a days worth of work. Couldn't I just buy the one that comes from Nissan and buy the electronics install everything and call it a day?

Thanks for the standard specs. I was thinking there was pretty much nothing special about it. Other that being fast and a load of fun to drive.

The only companies I know that sell really nice locking diffs and limited diffs are for Jeeps and other off-road vehicles. I don't think I've seen anything for sports cars. What are some suggestions for this type of part?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Yep, Base model is your problem. You got the 'ol one-tire-fire goin' on. :lol:

You can buy another complete diff with the stock VLSD in it. It's a straight swap. If it were me and I was going to bother with it, I'd probably upgrade. Especially if you intend to be doing a lot of sliding around. The stock VLSD is not serviceable and once it's worn out, you're back to an open diff again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How?

I am also interested in doing the same thing with my seats. I have an 06 base model and would like the heated leather seats. How did you do the install of all the wiring?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am also interested in doing the same thing with my seats. I have an 06 base model and would like the heated leather seats. How did you do the install of all the wiring?
I have the heaters running off the power outlet in the back, and also temporarily connected the seat motors to that too, since I couldn't find a constant power source and I just wanted them in. I haven't blown the fuse, but the seats are stationary 99% of the time, and I don't connect anything to the outlet with the heaters on or vise versa.

I'll be fixing the wiring this weekend hopefully since it's warm and I won't lose the feeling in my legs and hands this time in an uninsulated garage.

There is a very good write up on what wires to splice and tap into on the seats in this forum too somewhere if you decide to go through with it. It's actually a pretty simple mod when it's not in the single digits outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would rather get your suggestion. I don't care much for the fancy crap like power seats I just didn't know I could buy decent seats like you're talking about. I've owned Jeeps and motorcycles so fancy extras are not really high on my list.

Now back to the traction control. what all entails making it happen? Can you tell me why I can't add it? I just want to be able to turn it off. It's annoying. I know may way around vehicals pretty well, but most of my experience it with bikes and Jeeps and most of the Jeeps were older ones with carbs. So the whole computer thing can be a challenge. Although I have a friend that can help me in the comuter area. He runs a shop down the street from me.

So what was excluded when they left this nice little gadget out?
Wait a minute, you don’t have a option to turn iff traction control? Are you sure you’re even driving a 350z?
My 2005 350z GT has it, and i IMMEDIATELY turn it off as soon as the engine is running. In my opinion, a sportscar like this needs 5 things.
• a powerful engine
• A steering wheel
• A gas pedal
• traction control ON/OFF button
• Good exhaust

the 350 has all of this, with my car at 350+hp. But one thing is wierd, I don’t have heated seats, and my model definitely should. My @ss is freezing off when it’s -5C out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts