Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a brother who owns a z. She told me that he kept having trouble with a knocking noise whenever he switched gears and also when he pressed on the brakes. Well he finally took the car back after the millionth time to Nissan and they told him that there is a recall on the 6MT 2005 Zs but they will not annouce it publicly. They said only if the owners/drivers complain about the problem then they will fix it without a charge. Is this true? Has anyone heard of anything. btw my car is starting to sound funny. I am wondering if I am just paranoid or if there is a problem at hand here.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
this sounds like the same story since the 2003 model.. many people got trannies replaced but you have to make the complaint. And the dealer has to reproduce the problem

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had such a hard time explaining it in person what makes u think i can explain it in writing? :nana: but it just sounds like something moving under the car when i switch gears. its weird

toykilla: do u mean i have to change my transmission?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i had such a hard time explaining it in person what makes u think i can explain it in writing? :nana: but it just sounds like something moving under the car when i switch gears. its weird

toykilla: do u mean i have to change my transmission?
If you are having problems with it and it is still under warranty or fits into Nissan's guidelines of what they will replace, yes.

If you are not having any problems, then dont worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts