Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 350z 2005 (Anniversary) model) with 84,000 kms odo reading.
Out of the blue, my check engine light came on and the mechanic cleared the fault code relating to exhaust valve timing on bank 2.
I’ve driven 50ks and the engine fault light is back on !
Where do I go from here ?
Has this happened to anyone else ?
Thankyou for your insight. Lyn

· Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Welcome- your 350Z has an internal diagnostic system that comes on whenever it detects a serious problem. Why your wrench turned off the fault code without repairing anything is questionable. The ECM in your car is again detecting a problem, but we don't know whether the exhaust valve timing on bank 2 is responsible or not. This happens to many Z33 owners and the only way to solve it is to get the code read once again.

Maybe go to another Nissan tech and get the numeric code (usually PXXX) and report back.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome- your 350Z has an internal diagnostic system that comes on whenever it detects a serious problem. Why your wrench turned off the fault code without repairing anything is questionable. The ECM in your car is again detecting a problem, but we don't know whether the exhaust valve timing on bank 2 is responsible or not. This happens to many Z33 owners and the only way to solve it is to get the code read once again.

Maybe go to another Nissan tech and get the numeric code (usually PXXX) and report back.
I have phoned the mechanic and asked the exact code number which was not stated on my inv. After considerable”googling”, P0024 is quoted many times and I’m thinking that a replacement of both VVT solenoids (bank1 & 2) is probably the way to go.
However, I’m waiting for the return call with the code number.

· Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
I have phoned the mechanic and asked the exact code number which was not stated on my inv. After considerable”googling”, P0024 is quoted many times and I’m thinking that a replacement of both VVT solenoids (bank1 & 2) is probably the way to go.
However, I’m waiting for the return call with the code number.
I'd simply go and get the car scanned again. It's not hard and should be relatively cheap to determine what trouble code has shown up. In the US, many parts stores will do this for free, in hopes you'll buy parts from them. Just don't throw parts at the car, until you have a definitive diagnosis.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd simply go and get the car scanned again. It's not hard and should be relatively cheap to determine what trouble code has shown up. In the US, many parts stores will do this for free, in hopes you'll buy parts from them. Just don't throw parts at the car, until you have a definitive diagnosis.
Hi everyone, just had the Z scanned again and it is the solenoid on Bank 2 which will need replacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts