Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ha ha isnt there a song goes something like CRAZY BITCH? Anyway so the story gets better and better... Tweaker says the cats got "stolen" while at his shop and the battery too but ok so he says he had a new used motor to put in but from what I saw in the pics it looks like he tore it down and fixed the blown head gasket. When putting it back together he leaves off the aux belt and tells her the ac compressor was blown needs to be replaced and he would gladly do it. I said no pick the car up this is stupid. He puts the exhaust back on with no cats and brags how he can set something up so it passes emissions which it did. So there is no ac he had all sorts of trouble with sensors the crank sensor probably all 4 of them but who knows. So I take the car see there is no belt the MAP sensor I think it is is hanging down nearly rubbing the ground under the car on the left side exhaust. There are wire bundles just kind of thrown in and around the engine bay. Its a real tweaker job but it ran. Until about 5 miles down the road the car cuts off completely. Nothing. I roll into a parking lot and turn the key off and tuurn it over red lights everywhere and the car is sputtering like crazy so I limp it back home and check codes. Oh the power steering was bubbling while the car running. Never seen that before either it looked like it was boiling over honestly had no clue what that was. But the codes it thru were a power steering pressure code I have to find the dam paper I wrote them all down on. I will post the numbers cuz the power steering one was a trip. It was a random misfire something like that . I went and pipcked up new coil packs cuz im sure he did not replace those and I am going to check the plugs but my guess he didnt do that either but with a blown head gasket he may have had to to get it started im not sure. Really pisses me off he is a total scam artist which I knew but it was not my car so I had to sit back and watch it happen. Basicly there were 4 codes I will go pull them but it was power steering pressure switch and random misfire then something baout bank 1 I dont know but myu guess is possibly a coil pack and those crank sensors are always an issue with this car for some reason. Any thoughts? I will post the actual codes shortly. I have to make sure and keep money com9ing in since I am apparently paying to fix this idiots mistakes. I bought a new belt to put on as well. Im concerned there is going to be an issue with that MAP sensor hanging down like that not to mention I read it has to be changed in order to not thorw codes without having the cats on there any more.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but it was about three months ago that I said to dump the tweeker wrench and keep your girlfriend? Is this still her car? At this point, it's hard to make any suggestions as there's so much that's been damaged.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can suggest a decent shop in your area to get a mechanical assessment from.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts