Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shiftdrive: Hi all! I recently purchased a 2003 from a local dealership here in WA. I love my new car but I'm not car savvy. I would like to give this car the best care possible. I've had a few questions come up and am hoping someone can give me some advice.

1st question: The naviagation system appears to need re-setting. Does anyone have any info on how this is done - for whatever reason, this dealership doesn't seem to be very knowledgable about the Z car. When I try to bring mapping up on the screen it wants to map everything from Bell Gardens, CA (where the prior owner lived) versus WA where I'm at.

2nd question: Brakes. I had the rotors and pads completely replaced as there were deep grooves in the rotors when I purchased the vehicle. That was 1 mo ago. The brakes are so loud (squeeky) and almost sound like they are grinding (but they aren't) that I get looked at a lot - especially in stop/go traffic. I've brought the car back to the dealership 3x - any suggestions???

3rd question: The car has 20" wheels - the sensor warning light for tire pressure comes on after the tires heat up. Is there a way to disconnect this?

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
First of all, congrats and welcome!

I think whoever put on the brakes did not put the pads on correctly or used the appropriate shims. Hopefully, the rotors and pads are still in good shape for the shop to fix that squeal.

I can't help you on the navi. I think those are a waste, but that's me. I have a 'navi' floating around in my head. :wink:

As for the TPS, they shouldn't be giving you any warnings no matter what size wheel you have. PSI is PSI no matter what. Maybe the sensors were incorrectly installed. I have heard of people having problems after upgrading their wheels and tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts