Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another newbie question!

I found a 2003 350z, 6-spd., Grey, Enthusiast model, with just under 10k miles for just under $25,000 as listed on their website. I feel that this is a decent price for this trim level and the low mileage. But should I be worried about buying a first-model-year car? It has all of the amenities that I really care about (6-sp, Bose, leather, LSD) but I have read all about the tire feathering issues with the 2003-2004 years. I mentioned this to the internet sales guy, and he acknowledged the problem and assured me that it would be covered under warranty, if it ever occurred.

So besides this issue, which he assures me will be covered by his warranty, are there any other across-the-board blaring issues with the 2003's that haven't been covered easily by dealers under the warranty? If this has already been discussed ad nauseum, please just post a link, and accept my apology for the redundant newb post.

Thanks!

-steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've read up on the tire feathering issue thoroughly from various websites...the general consensus that Nissan has extended it's factory warranty regarding tire wear/alignment for the 2003 model year by two years. as long as the car retains factory suspension and rims/tires (Nismo S-Tune suspension is ok) but it if you have an aftermarket full coilover-suspension setup or lowering springs, you must switch it back to factory spec before they Nissan will work on your car...this is just from what i've read from other owners that encountered this problem, so don't my word isn't in stone...

·
Registered
37 Posts
the consumer rating at edmund.com stated the tire issue not guaranteed can be fixed and if fixed it will come back pretty soon.well if you have enough time runing to the dealer and wait maybe it is ok.anyway do more research.25grand too much,get few more thousand and get 06

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would spend the extra cash and get an '06. The '03 Enthusiast come with 17"s, and the Silverstone is one of the more common colors. For a bit more, you can get an '06 with more options and 300hp. Just my $.02

·
Registered
411 Posts
or you could look for a used '05, all the problems are fixed for the 05s ex: tire issue, tranny issue, other crap i dont remember, but if you can afford a new one, go for it, maybe the previous owner already fixed that stuff

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Bose?? Leather??

I think you are talking about the touring model there!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't bother with an '03. You are already concerned with feathering.. why step into ****?

imo, get an '05 up.
Yeah this thread is actually obsolete now, since I have ruled out the early two model years. You may close it, if you'd like!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts