Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Nissan 350z with an 05 engine. Lately after driving for about 20 minutes or even at idle it will cut off and not re-crank for at least 30 minutes once it has cooled. I ran diagnostics and came back with cam sensor 1/2 and knock sensor. I have changed can sensor 1 and 2, crank sensor, fuel pump, and throttle body. I am stumped any suggestions on what else it could be. I know it is throwing a knock sensor code but not thinking this has anything to do with it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
Welcome- the first thing I'd ask is where did you buy the cam and crank sensors from? Aftermarket ones have been known to fail, so the OEM parts have been more reliable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so we changed the knock sensor and wiring harness. There are no check engine codes and it still will only run at idle for about 20-30 minutes before it engine stalls and will not re-crank until car has sat for about 15 or so minutes. I am at a loss of what it can be. Any suggestions or where to look next

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
Repeating: what kind of scan tool are you using? Some scan tools will not pull all the codes in memory. Hard to believe that there are NO codes being shown after the car stalls. Can't help you if you don't answer these clarifying questions...

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
A generic code reader like the Zurich ZR15 may not read all the Nissan codes coming off the ECM. It could be that you need a second opinion from a pro shop with a specialized Nissan program like UpRev's Cipher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first thing I thought of when you described the symptoms is a dirty fuel filter. I don't know the particulars of the fuel filters in a 350z but basically what can happen is that while its running the filter slowly accumulates with dirt blocking fuel flow, then when you turn the engine off and the pump is no longer sucking dirt and fuel into the filter the dirt falls away then you can start it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.