Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few weeks back that when I would drive my temp gauge would go up to about 70% after driving for about 30 minutes. One day about a week ago I drove about 25 minutes and it was fine, after leaving and coming back 2 hours later I go to drive and the gauge goes all the way up after about 5 minutes. I blast the heat which brought it down some and left it in the parking lot overnight and hopefully it would be alright to crawl back home. The next day the gauge hit the top after about 30 seconds and when I tried to blast the heat it was nothing but cold air even when left to idle. I immediately got it towed home.

The oil was normal, coolant in the reservoir and I cant figure out what is wrong. Hopefully not the motor :frown: I just took off and tested the thermostat and it opened and closed when placed in hot water. I bought a replacement thermostat but I feel I should return it since the current one works, unless someone rejects that thought?

Does anyone know what may be wrong or what to test? I will try to fix it as soon as possible since I miss driving it especially in Ohio where we only have 3 good months to enjoy driving. There was not any smoke when it overheated and the oil does not look milky. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Euroz,

I have not until recently. Since replacing the thermostat we have drained and added coolant. In the middle when I was driving it and the gauge would start to get hot, my dad added and topped off the coolant. Would that cause air in the system? I tried telling them about the air in the system but everyone in my family is hard headed.

I will look into it and keep you posted. Sorry if it will take a few days to respond. I like to go over to my parents house and work on it with my dad since he is able to teach me a lot more than I know but having issues right now on trying to move around.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed a few weeks back that when I would drive my temp gauge would go up to about 70% after driving for about 30 minutes. One day about a week ago I drove about 25 minutes and it was fine, after leaving and coming back 2 hours later I go to drive and the gauge goes all the way up after about 5 minutes. I blast the heat which brought it down some and left it in the parking lot overnight and hopefully it would be alright to crawl back home. The next day the gauge hit the top after about 30 seconds and when I tried to blast the heat it was nothing but cold air even when left to idle. I immediately got it towed home.

The oil was normal, coolant in the reservoir and I cant figure out what is wrong. Hopefully not the motor :frown: I just took off and tested the thermostat and it opened and closed when placed in hot water. I bought a replacement thermostat but I feel I should return it since the current one works, unless someone rejects that thought?

Does anyone know what may be wrong or what to test? I will try to fix it as soon as possible since I miss driving it especially in Ohio where we only have 3 good months to enjoy driving. There was not any smoke when it overheated and the oil does not look milky. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Replace thermostat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts