Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
yeap spot on, quite a few people have told me the same thing
i wouldnt worry about the real companies, believe me they have business analysts smarter than u and i combined, and factory these replica sales in the price of their own kits to begin with, otherwise they simply wouldnt remain profitable.

:lmfao: :cheers: Point noted. I just feel for the people that design that **** that is getting copied. It's similar to our members pictures being thieved and put on ebay for someone's product.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
:lmfao: :cheers: Point noted. I just feel for the people that design that **** that is getting copied. It's similar to our members pictures being thieved and put on ebay for someone's product.
OR you can look at it as free advertising?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i know where you're coming from, and i kinda agree. However these large Jap companies aren't exactly as innocent as a forum member, they knowingly put huge mark-ups on products and dont really care about the consumer getting parts for a reasonable price

these copies can go 2 ways, either the roads get flooded with cheap knock off kitted Z's, or it forces the real companies to pull their prices down.......im hoping for the latter

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was told by a distributor, that Junction Produce keeps their prices high to maintain a "VIP" image.. Basically if you pay more, it must be better... I can only assume this is the same with other brands.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
i know where you're coming from, and i kinda agree. However these large Jap companies aren't exactly as innocent as a forum member, they knowingly put huge mark-ups on products and dont really care about the consumer getting parts for a reasonable price
You are right. :)

But what about companies that fake the funk? They are making 100% copies of the original. (within the limits of production, etc..) Why should they profit on a design they copied?

Eh.. Just playing devil's advocate: If the quality is there , as it seems it is with this, than okay.. save your money..

I don't know.. obviously up to the purchaser. Some guys like saying they have authentic kits on their car. Others, don't care and it's just a kit. I can appreciate either view point.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeah that's true, looking at the el fako's who are they to make heaps of cash

i guess i can remain impartial because i havent spent $$$ on a genuine INGS kit. But if i did, man id be fuming

i dont think im even going to do a kit, kinda preferring the clean q-car look atm

btw Chris, do u have any pics where u mounted the Blitz Rvit? Or have i asked u this already

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
i guess i can remain impartial because i havent spent $$$ on a genuine INGS kit. But if i did, man id be fuming
I'd feel upset to an extent. But, If I were an owner of the legit INGS kit; I would be left with a feeling of pride knowing I had the original. An authentic version. And people are willing to copy their design. That says a lot. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd feel upset to an extent. But, If I were an owner of the legit INGS kit; I would be left with a feeling of pride knowing I had the original. An authentic version. And people are willing to copy their design. That says a lot. :)
I would feel the same...especially if I got it early on in the game...but if I just recently got it...I dont think I would be so cheerful about it haha.....

another thing would be the resale factor (if that case ever comes) for that owner....my guess is that its not going to be that great anymore...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually, from talking with some people that are involved with this stuff, some of the "replicas" are not really "replicas" but are actually the same exact thing made at the exact same manufacturing facility. Obviously this is shady practice, but if the "real" companies are going to jack up the prices to around 1k for a bumper, then I am willing to spend 300 on a full kit that in all probability is the same product.
Bride a few years went through a similar "rough patch"...supposedly seats were coming out the "back door" and people were snatching them up for cheap through eBay and other shops...if this is the case with the ings+1 kits, then its the same scenario...sticking it to the man? surely enough because it's almost nothing out of your product. 10 cents on the dollar sounds mighty good to anyone with good sense...unethical of who sells it, definately...unethical to who buys it, that's debatable...sorry, just reiterating what i learn from my business ethics class. what can i say, i'm BA/Finance major...

·
Registered
346 Posts
i had the Ing kit and we decide to go replica this time to test out. Plus, $197 for the whole kits..common, there is nothing to loose. We have hook up with bodyshop; therefore, we don't worry much if there is any need for extra prepping. Everything turn out GREAT.

This is what i see, with bodykit, we don't intend to keep them on more than 1-2 years. So why spend 3K-6K on a bodykit (top secret stuff) while we can spend much less and it will give us more room to change bodykit later on.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i had the Ing kit and we decide to go replica this time to test out. Plus, $197 for the whole kits..common, there is nothing to loose. We have hook up with bodyshop; therefore, we don't worry much if there is any need for extra prepping. Everything turn out GREAT.

This is what i see, with bodykit, we don't intend to keep them on more than 1-2 years. So why spend 3K-6K on a bodykit (top secret stuff) while we can spend much less and it will give us more room to change bodykit later on.
agreed.. i like changing things up every so often..

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts

Awesome. Glad to hear no problems with this replica. I can see what you mean as a consumer wanting to get a different kit often and save money in the process.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm testing out another Ebay experience right now. Velside 3 replica side skirt from Ebay. Let see how it goes. I'll post pix and review very soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also another thing you might want to consider is are these overstock or older designs. I know a lot of times if its an older kit and the maker wants to get rid of them they will strip thier name off the product and sell them at cost to various companies or just go outright and sell the patent if they decided to get one. If I am not mistaken the N1 kit from Ings +1 is about 2 or 3 years old so they may be getting rid of a lot of the unsold products to recoup losses and make room for a new kit. its pretty much the same as going to an outlet store if that is the case. But then again if it is a cheaply made copy then i hope the best.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm wondering how much actual aero testing that Ings are doing with their kits?

If they actually do work as aero parts (either to reduce Cd or increase downforce, or both) then a cheap knockoff might not have the same properties since they're going for the look rather than the benefits, and the genuine kit still has benefits.

Like why I'd by Volk Racing wheels from RAYS over the Vork Racing ones from RAVS (and yes, they do exist) - because I know the latter are not lightweight forged aluminium.

I can understand if the company has thrown money engineering the kit and wind tunnel testing it, that the R&D money is why it costs a lot more than what the manufacturer makes. Or they've designed the weave of the fibre to actually be strong in the directions it takes load, whereas the cheap knockoff guys will just slap it together.

But otherwise, if its all show, who cares who makes it as long as it looks the way it does?

I know a couple of aftermarket companies that are guilty of this. They used to make / engineer great products, but now they just slap their name on anything.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts