Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completely frustrated with myself on the way home from the track, I was on the vengence from ****. You see, I went to the track and simply could not put the power to the ground on the track, basically spinning in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and yeah even in 4th gear. :rolleyes: I had to turn my boost all the way down to 14psi, and I was still spinning in 1st and 2nd. Stay tuned for... You guessed it, time for some slicks/racing wheels and the ball is already rolling with Nonstopmotorsports!
Anyway, enough with my frustration, so, where was I, driving south into Boston heading back to my little town I call home of Groton, Conn. Looking for anything that moves, trying to eat something up for dinner. I come across a Cobra. :) I immediately jump on his ass like a cat in heat. No joy, he doesn’t seem to want to play at all. ****, that would have been tasty.
Next, I drive into the big dig....ectasy......nothing like hearing your Z in a tunnel especially hearing 20psi blow off and have the sound reverberate throughout the tunnel. I just wet myself.
Anyway, head out of Boston and now in Rhode Island on I-95. I come across a BMW 645i. I think to myself, he’s probably putting down just enough ponies(325hp) to get a little froggy and jump. But as I slowly drive by and take a look at the driver, I notice he’s about 40 and is driving with his wife. But, his wife appears to be sleeping....hmmm. I wonder, so I decide to stick around at his cruising speed of around 85. Next thing you know, he seems to be speeding up a little more and a little more....Now, were both doing about 95 and he is still accelerating....Are we racing?? Not really sure, I couldn’t really tell. Oh what the heck, I drop it into fifth and run up to 125 and he becomes a distant memory.
After that, not a single little morsel of a car to feed my Z. ****. :banghead: As I begin to exit, I notice the sun breaking through the clouds...(read, a corvette in front of me that looks modded, appeared to be around 02/03 vette).
Sweet! :) I immediately jump on his ass and he turns on to a local street rather quickly. ****, this street speed limit is about 30mph and plenty of cops on it usuaslly. But, he then proceeds to get back on I-95, of course, like a ghat drawn to the light, I continue to ride his ass and follow him. This particular on ramp to I95 has one of those extremely curved entrances that usually have a speed limit of like 20, but he is going about 45 and accelerating.....Now, is this guy joking, doesn’t he realize one of the best qualities of a Z is its handeling, I laugh out loud and grin with a wicked pleasure :punch: of knowing that my Z was going to eat this curve like Oprah eats chicken. Not to even mention the fact I have JICs at every corner...needless to say, I am still a fly on his ass. :dance:
Now, entering the freeway, I whisper a little prayer and hope there is no oncoming traffic or traffic ahead of us. I wanted plenty of room to do a fly by on this guy. Now, we are both doing about 70 and accelerating quickly and the only thing stopping me from passing this guy is HIS car. I look over to my left and ......open lanes galore!!!!
I slam my Z to the far left lane and just, plain, floor it in fourth gear. Now, he was at the proverbial stop sign like a sitting duck. I shift to fifth and quickly find myself at around 130mph. Sweet, oh, so sweet. Now, I hit my brakes and slow down to 90 and hope he wants some more. Of course he does, from 90 we take it up to 135 this time....shift, Pssht, shift, pssht, I just wet myself again!!

We ran two more times from rolls of around 90, hitting about 135/140 each time. Crazy. :doh:
Finally got to run a Vette, even though he wasn’t a new one, I finally ran a Vette. I had tried to race three other Vettes since I have been in CT, but none wanted to play.

Now for Vette number two....Next post....

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
you were in boston....and didn't even stop by to show me the car! *******! haha.

(did you get the stereo stuff done yet???)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, a buddy of mine twists my arm to go get some Cold stone ice cream. ****, I can't resist temptation. :rolleyes: We gobble up some ice cream then head back home. On the way back, I spot a drop top Vette heading the opposite way. I ask my buddy if has a will and immediatly do a 180 and follow this guy. Now, I am heading north trying to fight my way through traffic to catch up to this guy. I am hoping he hops on I395 in order to have some room to play and not mess with these backroads/highways. No joy, we keep heading north and then it becomes a two lane highway. Now, I just about get ready to give up and turn around when I notice something. The Vette is swaying back and forth ala formula 1 style. I think, is this a signal he wants to play??
So, there is one truck in front of me, then its the Vette, and the Vette has 4 cars in front of him, and oh yeah, we are on a two lane traffic with cars coming at us every once in a while. I then decide to sway a little to see if he responds, and he immediatly sways in return....its on. :starwars:
Now, what to do, what to do, we cant race here I think, but what if we....
he jumps into the left lane(oncoming traffic lane) and he roars ahead.
Oh F*ck, now or never, I jump in the left lane and drop her into 3rd gear and floor it....okay passed the truck that was in front of me (car #1), okay next car passed (car #2) catching up to the Vette now, shift to fourth,...(pass car #3) now I am on the Vettes ass like a kid on his prom date...(pass car #4) whispering prayers that no oncoming traffic is coming, I know, this is insane, hey, I have been so desperate to race a Vette...again. Finally, the Vette moves over as he passes the last car and FINALLY I pass CAR #5!!!! :scared:
As I now change my gear and shorts, we are doing close to 130mph!!!! and still on his ass.:)
I hit my brakes knowing full well this has passed sanity and insanity.
Not to mention traffic in the distance was coming up quick.
So, I think its now over and my heart decides to get resume its location in my chest and not reside in my throat. We come to a light and he has his right blinker on. And he waves. Wait a minute here buddy, please tell me you don't think you won?? :argue: F*ck that, I follow him to a road....a VERY curvy road....now I get it, he was waving good by as if he was going to leave me behind....F*ck that. Here we go again.... :starwars:
Light turns into the ectasy color again...(read, turned green).
He floors it and turns right, and his tail end breaks out and slides left.....Now, I don't care who you are or what you drive, but seeing a Vette or any good looking sports car take a turn with a slide, is completely mesmerizing.. ..Definately wet myself moment...F*ck that, I can do that to, shift to second and floor it, my Ass slides to the left(almost a little too much), and I proceed to climb this hill we immediatly come up to. For what seems like a mile, we twist and turn throughout the roads...btw, he definately knew this road. I stayed on his ass for most of it, but I could not anticipate the turns well. Straight aways...on his ass though. We come to the end of the twisties and he pulls over. Very cool guy and we spend about half an hour shooting the sh1t and trying to revive my 245lb victim in my passenger's seat,lol. He tells me his Vette is an 02 and bone stock. We exchange under the hood looks and numbers. He wants me to race his buddy with a WS6, I said no problem.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by djkern@Jun 19 2005, 10:02 PM
you were in boston....and didn't even stop by to show me the car!  *******!  haha.

[snapback]117642[/snapback]​

Stay tuned, so far they have installed an Alarm system for me and are sponsoring my Z too. Which reminds, I have to update my sig.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by Going Deep+Jun 19 2005, 10:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Jun 19 2005, 10:02 PM
you were in boston....and didn't even stop by to show me the car!  *******!  haha.

Stay tuned, so far they have installed an Alarm system for me and are sponsoring my Z too. Which reminds, I have to update my sig.
[snapback]117647[/snapback]​

awesome! nazar is a nice guy!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by djkern+Jun 19 2005, 10:30 PM-->
Originally posted by Going [email protected] 19 2005, 10:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern

[snapback]117651[/snapback]​

Hey, did I see you at the Cape Cod meet?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by Going Deep+Jun 19 2005, 10:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 10:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern

[snapback]117654[/snapback]​

nah....i sold the z a few weeks ago. the cape meet...i was busy all day. getting ready for the wedding. got about 6 weeks to go.

i still wanna see your car (and take a ride in it! haha).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why did you sell your Z?

Originally posted by djkern+Jun 19 2005, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Going [email protected] 19 2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 10:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern

[snapback]117654[/snapback]​

nah....i sold the z a few weeks ago. the cape meet...i was busy all day. getting ready for the wedding. got about 6 weeks to go.

i still wanna see your car (and take a ride in it! haha).
[snapback]117655[/snapback]​

·
Registered
470 Posts
exelent kill my friend vettes are pretty fast , had a chance to race against one my self and also nailed him

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by FairladyZX@Jun 20 2005, 01:50 AM
Nice! HOw fast is it to 1320 with all these awesome mods??
[snapback]117687[/snapback]​

How fast to 1320?? Not sure what you mean by 1320?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Zweet kills E!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Good kills Ernie! Love the story.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
As always Ernie, very fun and interesting kill story :thumbsup:

You had me :drool: just waiting for the next parts.

Nice!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: Nice, very nice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts