Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im sure you have all seen the boxes on ebay that are under the back bar that goes across the top i was looking at getiin one of those from ebay but i dont no wether i should go wtih 2 type R's or 1 X can anyone help ???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definately get a box from Zenclosures. Awesome box.

I'd say just get 1 X. I have 2 Type S's and it's way overkill with my amp settings on all negative.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes. Search for my thread. There's lots of pictures. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a single 10" Type-R and it's plenty. Unless you plan on Dynamatting your entire car, 2 subs seems like too much to me. Rattle city.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
i had the same question a month ago. i still don't know whats best but i got the deeper enclosure with amp rack for 2 10's. I put 2 type R's running conservatively about 700 watts at 1 ohm. It is loud as **** and sound quality is supreme. the rear half of my trunk is dynamatted and the only rattles are outside the car and in my brain. I would recommend you put 1 type x in a ported Zenclosure just for comparison. I could trade my type r's for 1 type x and push about 1200 watts with the same amp at 2 ohms. Let me know what you go with

My only complaint is my rear view vibrates down at peak volume

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thankz for the reply i was wondering is it worth it to put dynamat in the trunk because u said it still rattled???have you ever heard an X before is it alot btter that the 2 R's??? thankz alot

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont hear any rattles in my car. Just see the rattles ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I definately recommend getting the type r components for the front. Lovin them.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i have one type x and am very happy with it, awesome sub but it craves power.......i have one 4 chan amp bridged to 2 chans running it, its i have my deck clipped to a negative bass value because its just too much for me

plus the type x magnet is dead sexy

·
Registered
50 Posts
^^^^^^^^
Sweet setup man. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have one type x and am very happy with it, awesome sub but it craves power.......i have one 4 chan amp bridged to 2 chans running it, its i have my deck clipped to a negative bass value because its just too much for me

plus the type x magnet is dead sexy

hey if you dont mind can u tell me where u got that box or if u made it what configurations you used i love it!!! i want mine to look just like it thankz alot!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
i can't hear any rattles inside the car, only when i step out of the car can i hear any rattles. it's really nothing to worry about and i don't think the dynamat was worth the money. i probably still wouldn't hear rattles w/o it. the dynamat was mostly to dampen the exhaust notes.

TPIACE- your system is killer, i'm so jealous

·
Registered
50 Posts
what about the box setup???? did u buy it or make it?
zenclosures on ebay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts