Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Z not even 2 weeks and already had my first problem. :banghead: It started raining today so I turn on the rear wiper....but it doesn't go across the window, instead it drags across the trunk and spoiler. Now i have about a 7 inch scratch across my spoiler and already dropped it off at the dealer. He they said they'll have to look at the motor for the rear wiper and sometime after that they're going to have to repaint my bumper. A brand new car and they're already going to have to repaint the spoiler. I'm just soooooooooo pissed right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brand new...everything was good. i just have no idea why the **** the wiper went down instead of up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Before you turned it on, was the wiper pointing vertical toward the roof or was it laying horitzontal across the bottom of the window?

Did it go down the window and then kept on going across the hatch? Yikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by maximZ@Aug 5 2005, 12:36 PM
Before you turned it on, was the wiper pointing vertical toward the roof or was it laying horitzontal across the bottom of the window?

Did it go down the window and then kept on going across the hatch?  Yikes.
[snapback]142139[/snapback]​



It was horizontal across the bottom. It never even once went up to clean the glass, just straight down across the hatch and over the spoiler, then back to the horizontal position. i still can't believe this crap.

on another note...why did this get moved to the maintenance and repairs? it was more of a rant than anything else.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,911 Posts
<span style='color:darkblue'>It got moved because it's not a "General Z Discussion."

The wiper should be veritcal it's in natural position. Sounds like the problem was that it wasn't attached right when you used it</span>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 5 2005, 02:07 PM
Wow that's horrible, I know you are pained.  The dealer should have noticed this improper install before you taking delivery.  Unless they have never SEEN a 350Z in person before :ahhh:
[snapback]142201[/snapback]​



yeah i am sad...i still havent heard anything back from the dealer yet. i'm about to give them a call right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
I smell something funny here. Indeed the wiper is vertical when not in operation and any dealer should have noticed that unless they did some "local work" to that vehicle, were too dumb/ignorant to put it back correctly, and sold the car as new.

No way in **** did Nissan let thet get out with the wiper in the wrong location. Any idiot would have seen that at the factory. Your dealer is not telling you the truth my friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ@Aug 5 2005, 03:07 PM
I smell something funny here. Indeed the wiper is vertical when not in operation and any dealer should have noticed that unless they did some "local work" to that vehicle, were too dumb/ignorant to put it back correctly, and sold the car as new.

No way in **** did Nissan let thet get out with the wiper in the wrong location. Any idiot would have seen that at the factory. Your dealer is not telling you the truth my friend.
[snapback]142233[/snapback]​



Just got the car back, and yeah they moved it to its correct position. So that problem is taken care of. There still is the problem with the scratched spoiler though. It looks like I am going to have to reschedule a time with them to take it in and have it painted. I am just not very satisfied that it's a brand new car and one part of it is already to go have to be repainted. Any ideas on what I could do or say to get this worked out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
that sucks - hope it all gets worked out!

come back to dallas for our gathering on Sunday in arlington if you can

~Z~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 5 2005, 10:08 PM
that sucks - hope it all gets worked out!

come back to dallas for our gathering on Sunday in arlington if you can

~Z~
[snapback]142420[/snapback]​


ill be coming into dallas....but flying in for work. the Z gets to stay at home.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top