Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

1st Door Ding in my car

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  mr rizk 
#1 ·
:soapbox:
Well I almost went 6 months without getting one but today i am the proud owner of a 'door-ding' in my Z !!!!!

My work is next to a surf shop and today i was the unlucky one to get a "stupid fucking bitch with no respect for cars" park next to my car in a Hyundai 4wd POS...
I have a look out the window to notice she has parked about 20cm from my car or so - brilliant female parking as usual (no offence to women on these boards because i am sure you all respect cars and can drive equally as well as males)..
:punch:

So i was on my way out anyway so i check the side of the door quickly but luckily cant see anything.. its not until I park at my destination and check again that i notice the familiar "reflection with a concave section in it" in the door..
:50cal:
I know this is not as bad as some the shitskins that have keyed various members Z's but my car was literally unmarked and now isnt... how can people have just no respect - or is it common sense they lack? no i think its just basic fucking respect they lack for other peoples cars.. how hard is it to open a door without hitting the car next to yours, and at the very least if you dent the door leave a note?? pretty fucken hard apparently !!!

OK thats my rant over, im getting a hitech and high flow cats installed Friday so il post a before and after dyno sheet..

See less See more
#4 ·
Apparently there is a Nigerian who knows an Italian army guy who knows a custom guy that can make things happen....

Seriously that suxs. Will be interested in seeing how you go with the installs. Any reason why you didn't go with the APS exhaust system? It opens up the possibility of installing their whole system later on and apparently, from what a couple of guys have said here, seems to give better performance than the hitech system.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Jagz@Dec 15 2004, 02:44 AM
Apparently there is a Nigerian who knows an Italian army guy who knows a custom guy that can make things happen....

A friend of mine knows a girl who's dad's brother in law's boss knows that guy. Yeah, from what I hear ... he does make things happen. Should definately sick him on the door dingers :shoot:

#6 ·
Just do what I do - park well away from everyone in the park and take up TWO spaces - ie park right over the white line.

If the parks a bit full and that's a bit rude - parallel out in the street and enjoy a few seconds walk.

If any fugger takes you to task, deck-em!

FRIZZLE

#9 ·
No good Ross - At least the Hi-Tech will take away some of the pain!!

Do you want me to give you details of a good Paintless dent removal guy??

#11 ·
Is it a left handed or right handed air guitar Mr Rizk ?

I'm really after a lefthanded one, that reminds me i need to go buy a left handed screwdriver to open my tin of striped paint - this barbershop round the corner wants me to repaint his pole..

Yeh Nick that would be good - i got an expanelbeater mate that had a look at it and managed to get most of the concave section out, so now it just has the pin point indent if you know what i mean - I swear i can see it from 100m away still !!!!!!! through my garage door as well hahaha

#12 ·
Boy you're lucky to have someone to smooth out your dings for mates rates.

This thread is getting so amuzing that I almost forgot it was about that ding... and not that airguitar from Rome! :lol:

Or..the car condom! :lmfao:

#13 ·
Originally posted by Jagz@Dec 15 2004, 02:44 AM

Seriously that suxs. Will be interested in seeing how you go with the installs. Any reason why you didn't go with the APS exhaust system? It opens up the possibility of installing their whole system later on and apparently, from what a couple of guys have said here, seems to give better performance than the hitech system.

Jagz, the only reason i didnt go with APS was because i got a good price on the hi-tech and kinetix cats (both 2nd hand with only a couple of thousand kms on them). [edit] I probably would have gone with the APS true dual if i was paying RRP or close to RRP for an exhaust..

BTW were you on the mitchell fwy yesterday AM, headin South? although they were driving a bit sedately compared to the way my mate from Mindarie reckons you drive hehehehe j/k

#14 ·
My first door ding came when I pulled into my garage at my house. I was unfortunate enough to pull along side an empty propane tank from our grill. My mom had set it inside the garage on the one side. Well when I pulled in, I didn't realize that I was that close to it. When I opened up my door, it just hit it and I ended up gettting a nice chip in the side of my door. Luckly it wasn't a ding but still, a nice chip of paint was missing. Then I flipped out on my mom for leaving the tank inside the garage. Finally, I realized that it was my fault for being a dumbass and forgeting about it when I pulled into the garage. Oh well, live and learn.

#16 ·
yeh thats it Mickeyboy, "when" as opposed to "if" unfortunately !!

oh well **** happens !!! I was just as fussy as my last car which was a brand spanking new Patrol, managed to keep it ding free until tradein time .
Then as i was half parked in/out of my garage, removing sub boxes ready for the trade-in the next day, I was lifting a sub box out of the boot when the button of the garage door remote that was in my top pocket got pressed by the corner of the box i was lifting hahahahhaa..

never the less, the door hit the roof of my Patrol leaving a nice foot long scratch and mild indent in the roof ahhaha.. which you couldnt see unless you stood on the sidesteps haha !!
If that was a few days earlier i would have had to kick my own ass hahaha

#17 ·
Originally posted by frosty@Dec 15 2004, 03:42 AM
Just do what I do - park well away from everyone in the park and take up TWO spaces - ie park right over the white line.

If the parks a bit full and that's a bit rude - parallel out in the street and enjoy a few seconds walk.

If any fugger takes you to task, deck-em!

FRIZZLE

hehe thats what i usually do frosty, but that day i had a co-worker parked either side so i thought it was a safe spot - then the co-worker left and the err ***** parked in that bay, which i might add is reserved specifically for our company.

and dont worry, i would not back down if any fugwit tried anything haha...

#18 ·
I recommend Dr Dent over Dent Medic but that is my opinion. He fixed my door that on my WRX when it was broken into and the job was spot on. Cost me about $120 instead of $1200 for the spray. Dent Medic did not even want to see the car!! Go Figure.

Anyway this guy used to be in Meni / Sydney

KY350 - I will require a 50% deposit and will need your colour choice and style of guitar

and NANG

I double took at your post as I thought your were going to paint his hole and not his pole !! Either way no pictures please.

#19 ·
Originally posted by MR RIZK@Dec 16 2004, 05:43 AM
KY350 -  I will require a 50% deposit and will need your colour choice and style of guitar

You're a fool Rizk - I cannot believe you accepted my lowest offer and didn't haggle the price.
I want a silver one of course, accoustic with amp plug. Of course I will need a picture to verify authenticity and specifications of your air guitar before I send you the deposit. I've been :anal: by an ebay scammer before and don't want it to happen again.

#21 ·
Nang3, I know how you feel. This morning some old fart brushed my car with his Camry wagon whilst reversing. Said he didn't see it and yet it was the only car within 30 metres and he had walked right past it to get to his car! . Why you'd reverse that far before turning around I don't know.

All in all I was very lucky because it was just a "kiss" which has left a 5cm diameter scuff which has gone right through the paint on the rear bumper just behind the wheel arch. The bumber is very soft there but, surprisingly it has also left a little dent.

Could have been worse; could have been metal in which case colour mayching could have been a problem.

not so cheers
coatsie

#22 ·
After a week of vacation I got back to find that on of my roomates opened her door on the passenger side door. :headshake:
I guess I'll try to find a place that will repair it. I just hope that they will be able to fix it properly, the only good thing is that she will pay for any repair damages.

#23 ·
I just got myself a mobilephone with a camera so if anyone parks too close to my car (when i get one), ill be taking a quick pic of it. As i am bad with remembering rego plates.
My friend remembers the plates when a car parks next to his Motorbike, in case it gets knocked over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.