Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researchig this for a while now but havent got anything concrete. volk te37s--19x10.5 rear w/285-35-19s. 19x9.5 front w/255-35-19. these wheels are available in two different offsets +22 & +34/+35. Anybody have that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have +30 front and +24 rear with 275/35/19. I dont know if this helps but trying to help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen pics w/ +22 and think that the tires appear to stick out slightly. Also I been told you may have to roll the fenders if you want to go w/ 285 in the rear. So the next size offset is +35. Am wondering if that wide tire rubs on the inside or not as the tire will be in 13mm more than +22.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have 9.5 +12 fronts and 10.5 +22 rears. I am running 275 in the rear and I have a 1" drop, I don't have any rubbing issues right now but if I go to a larger size tire, I might have to roll the fenders. Oh yea I have LE37s. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel Im getting closer. There must be a reason nobody is using +35. Are your fronts really +12? Anyway, do you know how much clearace you have left in the inside by the suspension? Since you are dropped 1", your tires must be inside the wells (at least when you turn or hit a dip) because what Im looking is a tire that appears slightly tucked-only a few mm. To me a tire flush with the top of the fender always looks like its going to fall off. I know Im being super fussy but its very important to me. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yes my fronts are plus 12, they were a custom size and a rare find. I will have to take some measurements to see what my clearance is by the suspension. Right now I don't have to worry too much when I am driving the car hard because I have a tein flex suspension and it is real stiff so it doesn't deflect that much. The top of my front tires are just inside the wheel well, ouside of view. The rear tires appear to have at least 1.5" of gap between the top of the tire and the well. I'll post up some pictures for you later when I get home. I believe that with your +35 you will be rubbing the suspension with a wider tire before you will rub the inside of the wheel well. Check out my car in the garage to get a feel of what the car looks like.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Zxrage@Aug 19 2004, 07:56 PM
I will have to take some measurements to see what my clearance is by the suspension.  Right now I don't have to worry too much when I am driving the car hard because I have a tein flex suspension and it is real stiff so it doesn't deflect that much.  The top of my front tires are just inside the wheel well, ouside of view.

Let me borrow your car for a weekend, and I'll show you that the suspension isn't as stiff as you think it is...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
As much as i would like to take you up on your offer, my better judgement tells me not to. I also have cusco sway bars installed, but the main thing that i noticed when I am pushing my car while autocrossing is that I can break the traction of the tires before the car feels like it is starting to roll.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Rage, with your +12F/+22R, do you have any trouble fitting big brakes (say 335mm with 4POTs) behind those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by shadybrady@Aug 19 2004, 01:55 PM
I feel Im getting closer.  There must be a reason nobody is using +35. Are your fronts really +12? Anyway, do you know how much clearace you have left in the inside by the suspension?  Since you are dropped 1", your tires must be inside the wells (at least when you turn or hit a dip) because what Im looking is a tire that appears slightly tucked-only a few mm.  To me a tire flush with the top of the fender always looks like its going to fall off.  I know Im being super fussy but its very important to me.  Thanks for all the help!

Why not try 19x9F and 19x10R, then you will no rubbing issue???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DXC- Did not know about 19x9 and 19x10. Do you know what offsets? Know any dealers? I am also in CA. VTA county

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
has anyone had any issue fitting big brakes behind +22s

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I dont think volk te-37s come in just 9" and 10", I think its only the half sizes of 9.5" and 10.5". I know a few people who have installed a big brake kits behind these rims with sizes of +12 and +22, you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts