Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a car dealership in Pittsburgh, and we redo classic cars on the side. This is a 1967 Chevy Impala that we have completly restored, and updated it to run like a 2004 model. We used a Acura NSX Orange with an added touch of Pearl. It rips up car shows, and really turns heads. We have put a lot of work into this one, and it is for sale. Email me at [email protected] if you are at all interested. If not at least send a post, and let me know if ya like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by rollin350z@Jun 14 2004, 06:18 PM
Custom Interior w/Pioneer sound system, very very clean 

As in brand new sh!t? Like a CD player and whatnot?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We redid the intire interior, and added the Autometer gauges. Pioneer cd player, pioneer speaker, and amps. Email me for price

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by rollin350z@Jun 14 2004, 06:46 PM
We redid the intire interior, and added the Autometer gauges.  Pioneer cd player, pioneer speaker, and amps.  Email me for price

Nice job with the redo. That whole radio-that-doesn't-belong-in-a-67 thing kinda ruins it for me though. Oh well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
easy enough to through the chevy one back in. We wanted to redo it so its more like a modern car in a 67 shell..It runs so good, and people stop in thier tracks to check it out..

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't know...I'm more of a "restore-to-original" kinda guy. 20's on a classic "boat" like that makes me cringe.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jun 15 2004, 07:32 AM
I don't know...I'm more of a "restore-to-original" kinda guy.  20's on a classic "boat" like that makes me cringe.

<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah, this is the way I feel too. But wheels don't bother me as much as a lot of the other things that get done to classics. I think they did a nice job with the car. I'm gonna hold out till they have a Z28 SS
</span>

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Rod vs resto the age-old question...How many of us are keeping our Z's stock?...MmHmm...

& as for the old stuff, I build 'em how I like to drive 'em, which means all mod cons are allowed.

Most guys with concourse resto's are 'showing toys', which there's not a thing wrong with. I just can't afford not to drive my stuff (no less do a 100 point resto...). My current old school project is a '67 nova, with LS-1 aluminum smallblock, 4L60-E auto-od tranny, 3rd gen. camaro suspension...probably 17" torque thrust II's for wheels...) I like classic looks/current performance, don't feel guilty about doing it to a straight six/powerglide car, either...esp. since I will be driving this car.

Living near a big urban area (SF/Oakland), I see everything on 'dubs', with spinners, etc. They don't work on everything. The primary difficulty is defining 'taste'. As my wrench says: "there's an @ss for every seat..."

& finally, tune in in 10-20 years & see what mods our cars are undergoing then. THAT s/b interesting...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm not saying the car shouldn't be modded. If I have a 67 Impala, I doubt it would be kept stock. Just as I haven't kept my Z stock. But the parts I use to mod my Z are contemporary. That's my taste in modding. Nothing wrong with what they did. The car looks great. Just not my thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.