Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys have been through the problem of finding appropriately sized 19" tyres for the Z in Australia as opposed to importing them from the USA.

I am after 245/35/19 and 275/35/19, and thus far I have only found the following brands locally:

Dunlop SP9000 (@ approx $600 ea)
Continental Contact Plus (@ approx $827 ea)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by mchapman@Sep 27 2005, 12:49 AM
I use Bridgestone S03s in those exact sizes and they cost ruffly 500-550 a tyre.
[snapback]158366[/snapback]​

Interesting...the local Bridgestone dealer near work claims they dont make 275/35/19...can you give me the details of where you purchased yours so i can have the discussion with them and get this sorted out?

How do you find the tyres?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Call Paul Donnellan
http://www.donnellans.com.au/pages/1_home.php

I'll have to call him soon as mine are getting low, check his prices on the other tyres mentioned as well. I believe he charges about $750 for the ContactSport. And if possible can you please post your findings?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by mchapman@Sep 27 2005, 03:27 AM
Call Paul Donnellan

I'll have to call him soon as mine are getting low, check his prices on the other tyres mentioned as well. I believe he charges about $750 for the ContactSport. And if possible can you please post your findings?
[snapback]158370[/snapback]​

I have also emailed Donnellans and Beaurepaires so I will post the outcome as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by guyk+Sep 27 2005, 03:51 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mchapman
@Sep 27 2005, 03:27 AM
Call Paul Donnellan

[snapback]158370[/snapback]​

I have also emailed Donnellans and Beaurepaires so I will post the outcome as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks for all your help.
[snapback]158374[/snapback]​

Donellans have quoted $1960 for a set of four S03's...I reckon this is a good price given the best I could get on the Dunlops was about $2432.

Very prompt service too...I'm impressed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mchapman@Sep 27 2005, 06:10 PM
Good stuff, thats a great price.
[snapback]158577[/snapback]​

Dunlop SP9000: $ 607 f & $673 r .....looks like the S03's are the best deal. Does anyone have any comments on them re: grip / wear / noise etc?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Im very happy with the level of grip, its alot more than stock RE050, though they are alot wider :). If you have a TT then it might be a different story. Also if you combine these large tyres with an aftermarket LSD it really lets you take advantage of the grip available, its moves them up a few levels. I havnt used them yet but Pirelli and Continental are supposed to be grippier.

Wear supposed to be a decent amount better than Pirelli or Continental.

No noise whatsoever.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by mchapman@Sep 27 2005, 07:32 PM
Im very happy with the level of grip, its alot more than stock RE050, though they are alot wider :). If you have a TT then it might be a different story. Also if you combine these large tyres with an aftermarket LSD it really lets you take advantage of the grip available, its moves them up a few levels. I havnt used them yet but Pirelli and Continental are supposed to be grippier.

Wear supposed to be a decent amount better than Pirelli or Continental.

No noise whatsoever.
[snapback]158592[/snapback]​

As Lloyd Christmas says in Dumb and Dumber:

"..I like it a lot...''

Thanks for the info - it really helps - no TT for me just yet!

·
Registered
101 Posts
guyk

I've done 16,000ks on the Dunlops and am very happy with their all round performance. Page down to 5th August (Pg 3 this forum) where you'll find a few comments on them. Price has obviously come down, but this is to be expected given greater demand for 19" tyres.

One thing I didn't mention in my earlier comments was the lack of squeal when cornered hard. They are definitely the quietest tyre in this area that I've ever driven on.

No doubt about it; I'll be buying them again.

cheers
coatsie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts