Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy tires for the rims i have in my garage.

This is my first time!!

they are 19's

my question is on the series of tire 30 or 35??

i know its recomended for a 35 series tire in the front but how about on the rear do i keep it 35 series also????

i have a base so no tcs or vdc.

reason why is because there is a price differnce of 120 per tire when it comes to the rear and besides going 35 series on the rear makes it difficult to keep all tires the same brand or style. if i went 35's on the front and 35's on the rear i would end up with two sets of different tires and i dont want to screw up the cars handling.

so by popular vote does everybody here run 30 or 35 series on the rear????????????????

I just walked out to the garage and verified that my tires are 50 series al the way around.

so it looks like i would be changing the gearing on the car.

any matching brands i should look into??????????

thanks

19x9 and 19x10 by the way

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ordered volk te37's but got my money refunded due to lack of availability in bronze!

So i went ahead and bought these wheels because I dont want my car ripped of just like my honda did with my white powdercoated 5 zigen gt8's. the volks are a awsome wheel but i dont want to be a magnet for theft again!! so here are the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these babies were 1500 back in the day for 17's. and i was going to paint it light blue kinda a ford blue. I had coil overs so i lowerd the car even more but the pic does not show that. this pic was right after my b18 buildup parked in front of my best friends shop who rebuilt it himself!

I had engine swap and NOS. and just before it went to the paint shop it got stolen and ruined.

fixed it and sold it to my cousin.

I even had a 01 integra gsr and moved some of the boltons over to that car but lost interest till i got my Z.

I really want to actually finish a car project this time around!! It just sucks because something always happends before i ever get to finish a car. I really had lack of interest in the integra and third gear went out in it and i left it that way when i traded it in.

i got into the z with no money down but had to pay 1500 to help pay off the acura. the folks at empire nissan were a great help in getting me into a z that fit my budget!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey studybudy do you have the same brand and style tires all the way around????

ive always liked youre rims and have had my eye on them for a while!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh how stupid they are actually 18's

18x9 and 18x10 sorry? i screwed up

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am running 35's and havent had any prob with anything other than traction:D I am about to go back to 18's so I can run a bit taller sidewall. Keep in mind on the 19's there are allot fewer tires to choose from than the 18 or smaller, not to mention the 19's are a bit more expensive per set. Good lookin wheels though!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the pic with the honda, my buddy salem is doing some work on a g35 but it is at the body shop 4 doors down.
Poor guys car was stolen. they jacked the interior, airbags and rims. then they pushed the car down a hill with no wheels on it to "finish it off".
i guess people vandalize cars when they are done looting it.
the entire bottom of the car had to be repaired and mostly has new stuff on it. that SUCKS!! the car is at illusions in san bernardino. and they do insurance work and always hook you up. so much so that the guy already has new rims on the car and they are finishing the body work.

its missing both bumpers. but is almost done.

My honda above was found on the ground with NO wheels.

I Really dont want this happening again, but all I can do is hope.

Not very many Z's get stolen but some on this site have had there cars stolen. Worst feeling ever!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did and it looks like ill be using the same size except 40 series for 18 inch wheels

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha i did but they are actually 18's i said that in post #6. I'm still happy though because they look so good. besides i wanted more rubber touching the ground on all 4 corners.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
haha i did but they are actually 18's i said that in post #6. I'm still happy though because they look so good. besides i wanted more rubber touching the ground on all 4 corners.

oh ok, well than 40 is what you want.

What do you mean more rubber touching?? contact patch is contact patch.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just more than i would have with my stock setup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts