Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got an OT check for $1800. :thumbsup:

I want rims. My car needs them.

Any good deals out there. I've looked around but maybe you guys would know of a better place.

I'm looking for 19's. I like the Axis style rims and Volk...but I'm open to look at anything.

Thanks in advance.

If I wait another month or three, I can probably get about 2500 saved up........ decisions, decisions.

:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I were you I would wait for the $2500 and get some Volks...and remember tires can be expensive too. Goodluck with whatever you decide on!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Axis Milanos

I'm sure you can find these cheaper. There are lots of deals to be found for around your price range. I'll be in the same price range and searching for wheels soon.

What style wheel do you like? 5 spoke like the Axis Milanos or Hiro's, lots of spokes like the Axis Supermesh? Or maybe something different like the Axis Se7enmod's? Just let us know and we'll make some suggestions that will fit your budget. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

D'oh now I like these!

I was looking at the Volk wheels as well and they have some pretty good ones. Expensive though. So if i went this route I'd have to wait another 3 months or so...which I could do.

I have a SS Z and I saw one the other day with blak rims ancd a polished lip... it looked sweet.... So I think i'm leaning more in that direction. You can pretty much get any rims painted/powder coated black right?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Yes, if you get them a different color, get them powdercoated. I do believe that Axis now sells that last wheel in a black finish. Check their site www.axiswheels.com and find out. It also has a list of their dealers so you can find one near you, or you can tell us which wheels you want and hopefully someone knows where we can find you a good deal online.

Good luck searching!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Jan 18 2005, 07:39 AM

OoOOOoOoooOooOoh. :clap:

Nice.

If you don't mind me asking. What did you pay for the rims + tires.?

I'm probably going to go with the same setup, except the spokes being black.

·
Registered
86 Posts
**** those look sweet

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by 1DVSZ@Jan 18 2005, 06:01 PM
OoOOOoOoooOooOoh.  :clap:

Nice.

If you don't mind me asking. What did you pay for the rims + tires.?

I'm probably going to go with the same setup, except the spokes being black.

I don't mind you asking, but it's not my car :)

They are just some pics I found that I figured I would post for you.

http://www.wheelstudio.com/axis.php

They list them in different prices, and they have the spokes in black with the powdercoated lip.

You might still be able to find them cheaper, but this is just off of the "dealers" section of axiswheels.com.

http://www.wheelstudio.com/wheel_images/ax...BLACK%20MOD.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
[/quote]

Just curious if quality matters to you or if its just for looks. Personally I like Volks for the quality. Axis is cheapy wheels compared to Volk. Like Versace and Gap big difference in quality and "bling" factor. But I guess it wouldn't matter if you don't care for quality. I like wheels with rivets only if they are REAL multi piece wheels. Just my 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

word of advice, i have known a few people that have dealt with wheelmax, and i would avoid them like the plague. they are notorious for horrible customer service and selling substandard crap. i would check out our vendors page

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
+1...know who you're buying from. Good customer service goes a long way should you encounter problems later. After market wheels lose much of their value after installation...so I'd recommend saving up a little and purchasing the best you can afford from a reputable vendor. Buy a wheel set you'll be happy with for the life of the Z.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts