Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you guys had $1600 to blow what would you do to make your Z go faster. Im wondering if I could fit headers/cat-back/exhaust all under 1600.

I need some ideas......

any thing!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
put in perspective what you want to do with the car. Or what you want out of it.

If n/a
doing the normal set of mods:
intake, plenum/plenum spacer, headers, hfc/tp, exhaust, ecu flash
you'll net about 25-30whp. and about the same torque over stock.
All of that depending on what brands you buy can run anywhere from $4,000 and up.

FI kits, $3500 - 8000
100whp +++ over stock

descent coilovers start at $900, the really nice ones are $1800 and up.

so either save up or start with the little things first. Gotta start somewhere...

buy some good tires, sway bars, driving lessons, intake, plenum spacer..

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
You could also put a pretty nice lookin kit on your car for probably under 1600, installed and painted. Go on one of our sponsor's websites and do some window shopping, thats what I do (but I don't have $1600 to spend).

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Easy. 3.91 gears from 350evo.com.

Gears, installed, around $1300.

Value after install? Priceless. :shiftdrive:

boogity boogity boogity! :irock:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I would do:
UTEC for $949
Test Pipes$149
Intake $289
Plenum $450

good for 278 whp as proven by Jermaine at Turbo XS with an increased rev limiter of 6800rpms.
thats $1800 in parts, you could cut down a bit by substituting the spacer for a plenum.But tuning is the key on these cars. We tend to see little to no gains in just bolting headers on without tuning for them..There is so much HP to yeild out of your breathing mods by tuning..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would do:
UTEC for $949
Test Pipes$149
Intake $289
Plenum $450

good for 278 whp as proven by Jermaine at Turbo XS with an increased rev limiter of 6800rpms.
thats $1800 in parts, you could cut down a bit by substituting the spacer for a plenum.But tuning is the key on these cars. We tend to see little to no gains in just bolting headers on without tuning for them..There is so much HP to yeild out of your breathing mods by tuning..

+1

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I would do:
UTEC for $949
Test Pipes$149
Intake $289
Plenum $450

That sounds like an awesome gain in power! :OMG: :OMG:

Thanks for that info Julian! Definitely something to look into!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have exhaust/cats/headers for under $1600..

Greddy EVO2 $1019
Kinetix High-Flow Cats $310
Top Speed Headers $230

Total was $1559

Still leaves you $41 to go wash the Z or buy some food or mail to me, whatever

Just wanted to through that out there, go ahead and laugh at me I can handle it :hide2:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
The Hotchkis spring/sway package is something to look into. It will give you drastic improvements in handling and will make your car feel like you're driving on rails through the twisties. You'd still have a good bit left after you were done with that too! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts