Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ Sep 24 2008, 01:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=555436
Well all i can say is practice then, Just try to find the "Sweet spot" so to speak for launching. try to get you 60' time down to 2.0 and you should see some better results.

DAN
:werd:

QUOTE (NAGA @ Mar 9 2009, 01:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=570520
Another thing to consider with your time is that you have the HR Z. Those are significantly faster than pre-HR Z's. However, my Z should be able to put down low 13's after I get my car tuned next week. Dyno-wise, it already puts down about the same WHP numbers as an HR Z (like yours), but has way more WTQ.
Did you get it tuned yet? What did they actually do to tune your car with those mods?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
at least your reaction time is decent.

you better get some more run's in....i used to do a 15 flat in my CRX with stock motor using only headers and exhaust.....and that motor was rated at 106HP

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok i just got back from the the track a on friday. and i got some decent numbers. my fastest time was a 13.96. heres the break down

RT - .083
60' - 2.083
330 - 5.887
1/8 - 9.012
mph - 77.84
1000 - 11.694
1/4 - 13.960
mph - 99.06
Over all a good day. ran 13.9s and 14.0 all day. Had a couple high 14s due to oil on the track and spinning the whole way.
Mod list. intake, exhaust and headers. 03 AT touring edt

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hey....you should get a motordyne plenum spacer as your next mod....look at my sig..

i kill mustangs all day....even the old fully build 5.0....as long as it isnt supercharged...

and as long as it is NOT a cobra (newer models)....

so looks like you are a plenum spacer away....

how do you like the megan headers so far?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Mar 10 2009, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=570665
:werd:

Did you get it tuned yet? What did they actually do to tune your car with those mods?
Actually, I got the basic tune from Uprev that comes with the Osiris Standard. I'm getting it dyno tuned by them in Austin on Tuesday. With the basic tune, it's effectively the map they dyno tuned for someone else with similar mods. So I won't know until later this week what they actually did. I'm hoping for the best, though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, I got back from Uprev with my car finally tuned properly.

On their dyno, with the base tuned map, I dyno'd at 259whp and 243wtq.

After the tune, I'm getting 271whp and 252wtq, with an additional 16+whp and 13+wtq at 6600rpm. The car pulls WAY harder than it did. I can't wait to get it on the track and see what it can do.

Edit: These were 4th gear numbers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (danimaldaisy @ Mar 15 2009, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=571023
hey....you should get a motordyne plenum spacer as your next mod....look at my sig..

i kill mustangs all day....even the old fully build 5.0....as long as it isnt supercharged...

and as long as it is NOT a cobra (newer models)....

so looks like you are a plenum spacer away....

how do you like the megan headers so far?

Thats my next modd for sure. i been hearing good things about those. The headers i love them. makes a big difference in sound and performance. you feel it instanly

21 - 27 of 27 Posts