Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install my old system from the Prelude into my Z. (Zapco AG-750, 1,500 Watts bridged, with Rockford Fosgate HX2 DVC Sub, 2,000 Watts max) It's a pretty ridiculous setup. (you should've heard it in a trunk, let alone a hatchback!)

My question to the group, though,.. has anyone ever seen/heard a sub that was positioned underneath the strut bar, laying flat? (firing up, towards the glass)

I am going to have to make a custom box myself, I realize this. (should be fun, actually)

Just curious! Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah you can, but you can actually get it to fit in the corner on the left side, if you take out the molding, and the foam that sits on that side. I am also doing something like this (2 12W7's, one on each side in the corners), and have completely ripped out all the rear molding, spare tire, and foam blocks. I am planning on putting my amp rack where the spare tire was (GO GO AAA) and plexiglass-ing the top of it so i can still put a few groceries back there.

Diky

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you guys have any pics of this? I have seen some before, but, I am looking to do something real specific. Not sure I have seen it yet. thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am going to buy that last box I posted from ZEnclosures, unless someone can post some pics of a 12" that has been mounted vertically, so it fires back towards the trunk..? (as opposed to firing straight up like the other one)

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I'd go ahead and try that Zenclosure you picture, although for that much power, the box is a little close to the driver's head. I have my subs firing back, but firing up i'd imagine would sound great. I had the sub in my 300zx aimed up at the rear hatch and it sounded great. Good luck and post pics once you've got it done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine fires back towards the trunk
You have a 12? is it behind the strut brace? pics please, if you don't mind!

and CRAP!#$%^& ZEnclosures sold the box already. **** credit card cycles, BOOO!!!! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I'm not satisfied with my 10s so i think i'm gunna get the box you pictured and load it with a Resonant Engineering XXX if you've heard of it (and if i can find one).

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok, I have a 12w3 and I am putting it in my Z. I am definitly sacrificing the air space required for an enclosure, but I need the room, and I want it to look clean. I will post up pics tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, I have a 12w3 and I am putting it in my Z. I am definitly sacrificing the air space required for an enclosure, but I need the room, and I want it to look clean. I will post up pics tomorrow or Saturday.
pic?

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
that looks awesome dickydfastz!

This is the setup I decided to go with. Its a RE XXX, comparable SQ to a W7 and similar output.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts